mtbr member
    Sep 2007

MX COMP ETA or XC 600

I installed my 2007 Marzocchi MX COMP off my hard tail on my new full susp and it is a couple MM two short, so I am needing to purchase another fork. The MX COMP ETA has been great so far but I feel odd buying two of the same fork. The reviews of the 2007 XC 600 are not very good and the fox shocks are way out of my prace range of 300.00. Any ideas?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    the XC has 32mm stanchions with provide a bit more stiffness........

also take a look at the RS Tora with Motion Control or RS Recon that could be in that price range too...

mtbr member
    i have the xc600 and overall think its a great fork. rides nice, looks good, and is fairly light. the only problem i have with it is that the tube that you put air into is leaking some kind of oil out of the top cap. kinda is pissin me off since iv only put 10-12 rides on it

mtbr member
    I've a pair of XC 600's and the only problem I've had with them is the following..."... I've been using a '07 Marzocchi 600 XC Retro (100mm, coil sprung with air preload, positive air chamber, RV & ETA) for around three months and have no complaint with it other than I'm only using around 70mm of travel. I weigh around 145 lbs (65/66 Kg), and have been running approx. 0.5 bar (7psi) in the positive air chamber (the manual recommends 2.0 bar (28 psi)) to get the aforementioned travel. At the risk of answering my own question, I suspect I need a lighter spring, which will require more positive air pressure. What I am wondering though is am I at risk of damaging the fork running such a a low positive air pressure? Any experienced Marzocchi owners or suspension guru's care to comment?"

This may or may not sway your choice...I'm sure there'll be lots more advice.
    [SIZE="3"]"The grass (on the other side) may be greener, but it's just as hard to mow..." - John Butler Trio, "Better than".[/SIZE]

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by L'il Matt
    I've a pair of XC 600's and the only problem I've had with them is the following..."... I've been using a '07 Marzocchi 600 XC Retro (100mm, coil sprung with air preload, positive air chamber, RV & ETA) for around three months and have no complaint with it other than I'm only using around 70mm of travel. I weigh around 145 lbs (65/66 Kg), and have been running approx. 0.5 bar (7psi) in the positive air chamber (the manual recommends 2.0 bar (28 psi)) to get the aforementioned travel. At the risk of answering my own question, I suspect I need a lighter spring, which will require more positive air pressure. What I am wondering though is am I at risk of damaging the fork running such a a low positive air pressure? Any experienced Marzocchi owners or suspension guru's care to comment?"

This may or may not sway your choice...I'm sure there'll be lots more advice.
    you probably just need to adjust (lower) the oil level a bit.......... and on the air...you can run no preload if you want...nothing will be damaged..