mtbr member
    Apr 2012

motobecane 400ht fork upgrade??

I have a 400ht that i got from BD and i love it, except the fork. The first time i rode it the suntour bottomed out and im 5"11 160 lbs, so i dont think its me. I saw the rock shox recon silver tk on bluesky for around. 160$ and was wondering if that would be a decent upgrade? I ride mainly for fun,nothing too hardcore, just hate slamming down and bottoming out...any help in the 150$ range would be great

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    62 views, no response?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I also have a hardtail Motobecane from BD, but my model is the Fantom Trail. The bike is great, solid, drivetrain is amazing, but did not like the fork on it (a Rock Shox Dart 3). It was too stiff, did not respond well to the terrain. I upgraded to Rock Shox Recon Silver TK AIR. What a difference! I got mine on-line from PerformanceBike.com for $170 a year ago. With PerformanceBike their prices vary a lot from week-to-week, so monitor carefully, and buy when price is low.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    test
    Last edited by DTrepanier; 01-07-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Posted my reply twice by mistake.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Anyone knows if the bike's frame will fit a tapered fork(with the proper headset/conversion kit)?