Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Ok, i guess I'll try to remove some more shims on the next attempt, only I fear I will run out of them

Thanks for your help!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cristian.bisca View Post
    I would buy the hv can if i could find one for my size, but they seem hard to find.
    It looks like they make a Debonair can in your size, which is like a HV can with an additional HV section on the negative side.

11.4118.033.029 Air Can Assembly Monarch Black Debonair* 184x44,* B1(Plus,RL,XX), C1(R,RT,RT3)

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Yeah, I was just looking at that, wasn't sure about what exactly that Debon air is, but it seems to be a nice alternative to the hv can.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cristian.bisca View Post
    Yeah, I was just looking at that, wasn't sure about what exactly that Debon air is, but it seems to be a nice alternative to the hv can.
    It won't help with overall use of travel. It just helps with first part of spring curve. It's not a substitute for hv can. Just lower your pressure and see what happens. Don't get hung up on the sag numbers, unless it gets above 35%.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Lowering pressure doesn't help much. I'd have to get it as low as 50% sag to get full travel, maybe. Right now i'm running it at just a bit over 35%. Feels great, plush and responsive, but it uses maximum 75-80% of the travel.

Maybe i just have to forget about full travel ...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotth72 View Post
    It won't help with overall use of travel. It just helps with first part of spring curve. It's not a substitute for hv can. Just lower your pressure and see what happens. Don't get hung up on the sag numbers, unless it gets above 35%.
    Are you sure about that? I believe the Debonair has the HV section on the positive side and then adds another HV section to the negative side.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    How is a higher volume negative chamber going to help get you full travel? The larger volume negative chamber provides better sensitivity and small bump compliance. It's the positive chambers volume that controls bottoming.

mtbr member
    From the pics I've seen, the debonair is also a HV positive chamber.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    Are you sure about that? I believe the Debonair has the HV section on the positive side and then adds another HV section to the negative side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotth72 View Post
    How is a higher volume negative chamber going to help get you full travel? The larger volume negative chamber provides better sensitivity and small bump compliance. It's the positive chambers volume that controls bottoming.
    I can't confirm for all shock sizes, but the 50mm stroke and above cans appear to have the HV section on the positive side and accept the volume spacers as such. There also isn't an HV/LV option on the Debonair for the shock sizes which typically offer it as an option, so I'm assuming they're all HV. The 44mm that the OP needs is also spec'd to accept the volume spacers, so I'm assuming it has the HV positive section as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Just checked the parts list, seems your right. Sram has revamped their air can options this year.
    I was referring to the larger negative chamber helping with improving travel. The higher volume on the positive side might indeed help. I still stand by lowering the pressure on the current shock.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4