yohyatt
    Mar 2009

Mission Control DH damper questions

I'm looking to replace my mission control on my lyrik - its the rc2L one - with a DH damper.

I noticed one a google search - there is a mission control DH rebound damper and separately a mission control DH compression damper -

i thought that either one would do both - anyone have any experience with this - do I have to buy both? i know the rebound is different and flows more on the mission DH, but didn't think they were separate things.

moaaar shimz
    You better get both.

aka DJ Papi
    Just get the Mission Control RC2 DH damper found on the 2012 Lyrics which does not have the floodgate anymore and just a low speed / hi speed compression adjust above and rebound below and you will be fine.

yohyatt
    Mar 2009
    yea i think that the RC2L has the same rebound as the DH - they both have dual flow rebound and they updated the rebound dampers in 2010 - and this is a 2011

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    if your fork currently has the dual flow rebound then you can get just the new Mission Control DH compression damper and be done. and its as simple as removing the old damper, draining the oil, putting the correct amount of new oil back in, install new damper, set and go ride.

if you dont already have the dual flow rebound, then you need it to run the MCDH. and that requires removal of the lowers to swap out.
    Juice