Transition Blindside v5

New question here. Missing Control leaking: fix it or buy new?

I just noticed yesterday that the Mission Control damper on my '09/coil Totem suddenly started to spew oil now. Looks like it's coming out of FloodGate up/down knob. (NOTE: I had removed FloodGate internally a while back, but that's not causing this.)

Anyone having this prob? Should I get this "fixed" (at a LBS, per a SRAM rep), or just pick up a new damper (around $130/online). If a new unit, it'd be of the newer generation's ('12~) than mine ('09), to boot. I'm not sure how much LBS will charge me, hence asking around here before possibly deciding to buy new online.

Thanks for your feedback in advance,
    - PiroChu

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Do you service the fork yourself? It may just be an o-ring.

Transition Blindside v5
    Yes, I normally do the basic services myself (& have done the mod's, per URL/link in my post above). True, the Totem "damper kit" is about $30/online, which is certainly cheaper than a new Mico damper=$130/online.

Looking at the tech manual, it only talks about replacing glide ring from compression damper. Is that causing this leakage? It also talks about replacing glide ring & inner/outer O-rings from rebound damper. Is the rebound damper causing oil leak out of top of the compression knob?

Not sure which O-ring that's causing this leak. (Any ways to tell?) Is there one on/around the FloodGate shaft? The main/big O-ring of the damper (above the damper threads below the damper cap) seems to be fine (not leaking from there).
    Last edited by PiroChu; 05-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    There is another seal on the head but I haven't worked on a mission control in quite a while and don't remember exactly how to replace it. If I remember correctly the head comes off (reverse threaded) to get to the seal. I might have an exploded view at home. If I do I'll post a link. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Transition Blindside v5
    Exploded view would be great, thanks! I've not seen that. (How/where did you manage to obtain that?)

Hopefully you have it at home Thanks again for your help!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I couldn't find the drawing. If you're handy you can try digging into it on your own. Just keep it super clean. If you can't make it work you won't really be out anything.

Transition Blindside v5

New question here. oil volume for ['10~ Mico in ~'09 chassis] combo?

Thanks for reporting back. Meanwhile, I found this post, which shows an exploded-view pic sufficiently.

Not sure yet as to which route I'll go (fix my older ~'09 Mico or buy a newer '10~ Mico DH), but anyone here swapped Mico (meaning, putting newer '10~ Mico DH in the older ~'09 Totem chassis)?
    If so...
    (A) Is there a significant difference in the upgrade in terms of performance/feel? (especially between the '09 Mico w/ mod's vs stock '10~ Mico DH)
    (B) Would I not get a full benefit of '10~ Mico DH, if the accompanying rebound damper underneath is still of the sock/~'09?
    (C) In this particular scenario ('10~ Mico DH in ~'09 chassis), which oil volume should I follow; 137ml (of ~'09) or 203ml (of '10~)? (It's puzzling about this much oil-volume difference because the chassis didn't change and the newer damper still looks very similar in size.)

Thanks for additional feedback/input in advance.
    - PiroChu

NOTE:
    - 2010~: Mft Part# 11.4015.415.050 / UPC# 710845624308
    - 2012~: Mft Part# 11.4015.544.180 / UPC# 710845679988

Last edited by PiroChu; 05-07-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Transition Blindside v5
    Bummer, somehow I couldn't pull out the blue tube out of the black-top cap (as in the pic in this post ), so I guess I'll have to pick up a brand new damper instead...