Minute One rebound knob

Printable View

• 03-31-2008
    senna
    Minute One rebound knob
    I did a search and this was big last year. This is on a bike I have not ridden much, So the other day I try to adjust the knob and it broke.

I looked for way to contact Manitou, but no good. Does anyone know how to contact them? Seams they are in limbo right now.
  • 03-31-2008
    crazylax42
    site is hbsuspension.com, contact info should be listed. you'll probly be contacting someone who is a Hayes Bicycle Group (the parent company) representative.
  • 03-31-2008
    senna
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crazylax42
    site is hbsuspension.com, contact info should be listed. you'll probly be contacting someone who is a Hayes Bicycle Group (the parent company) representative.

Thanks for the help.
  • 04-22-2008
    fishxpig
    I had the same thing happen to me. I think it is called the compression/rebound damping assembly. The part# is 85-5872. Manitou does not have it in stock right now, I've been trying for almost a year for someone to have this part. The shaft the knob is connected to should be something other than plastic, that's ridiculous.
  • 04-22-2008
    senna
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fishxpig
    I had the same thing happen to me. I think it is called the compression/rebound damping assembly. The part# is 85-5872. Manitou does not have it in stock right now, I've been trying for almost a year for someone to have this part. The shaft the knob is connected to should be something other than plastic, that's ridiculous.

Yea the part realy is a POS. I emailed them and they gave me a part # ( not sure of # rite now ) I have LBS trying to get it now.
  • 04-23-2008
    Bikinfoolferlife
    Just guessing, but having used the rebound adjuster on a Minute 2 (but not having read up on any particular failures of the Minutes in this area otherwise), I'm betting the very limited amount of turn of the knob to go from min to max adjustment doesn't help; many probably just force it beyond it's intended limits. Much different from Marzocchi and Fox forks I've had.