• 11-26-2012
    Hard Chargin
    in the middle of a DHX air rebuild, need some assistance please
    Hey all, I'm wanting to rebuild my dhx air 4.0. It's from a 2006 specialized enduro. So there is no boost valve on the back of the piggy back. I know I can't recharge the bottom out like all the other dhx air's. I have the main body off and apart. But the real problem is the shock needs new oil and a bleed! (squishy) Pretty sure that the boost valve and the main shock are all inline. So by trying to bleed this, will I depressurize and loose the bottom out. Possibly blow this thing up in my face?
  • 11-26-2012
    tacubaya
    Yes, do not open the shock without depressurizing IFP chamber.
  • 11-26-2012
    rogerfromco
    This old thread might help you out...

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspen...al-487162.html

EDIT - Never mind, just realized that's for a coil.
  • 11-26-2012
    Hard Chargin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    Yes, do not open the shock without depressurizing IFP chamber.

If I depressurize the ifp, how do I recharge it? there is no valve to fill it?
  • 11-27-2012
    tune
    You can't do a rebuild without depressurizing that shock. I'm not sure what kind of a valve your shock has but usually if there isn't a "traditional" schrader valve sticking out of piggyback that shock might have either recessed schrader valve (needs adapter to pressurize) or rubber plug (needs a needle adapter to pressurize).
  • 11-27-2012
    tacubaya
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hard Chargin View Post
    If I depressurize the ifp, how do I recharge it? there is no valve to fill it?

You need a nitrogen needle and a new nitrile plug.