mtbr member
    May 2008

Maverick Speedball problems

Not sure if this is the right forum, but this post is more like a suspension fork than a seatpost, as far as I can tell.

I have one of these, and obviously it's a little old. I wanted to disassemble it per instructions on maverick's site and grease the bushings and inspect the guide block (anyone know where I can get another one).

Well, go to take it apart and the 10mm screw is tough to turn. I grab the seatpost by the saddle, and end up spinning the stanchion part. I'm sure I did some damage to either the guide block or the part it runs inside. Anywho, I put on some rubber gloves and with a firm grip on the black part, turned the post relative to the socket wrench.

It broke free. Problem is, the nut is spinning with the schraeder valve it's supposed to be screwing off of. Apparently that thing is turning inside the post. Probably a problem. The post still seems to work like it's supposed to, but I've let a little air out and can't get any back in without taking the nut off.

Any help/experience with this post around here?

mtbr member
    Tons of chat on this over on the Maverick forum mate. Best to head on over there http://forums.mtbr.com/maverick/

Sounds like ur guide block might be a bit worn... have you tried un seizing it by soaking it it something over night

mtbr member
    May 2008
    thanks for the pointer. Didn't realize that forum was there. Mods feel free to move/delete