lazy piston
    Mar 2006

Marzocchi Roco TST R (coil) dimensions

Hi everyone.

Can anybody with a Roco TST R (coil over) in 7.5" x 2.0" (190 mm x 50 mm) size give me some measurements? I need the following (see pic below):

1. distance from eyelet center to piggyback end (with piggyback cap removed)
    2. total "width" of the shock body and piggyback
    3. shock body diameter
    4. depth of the chamber where the piggyback valve is

The reason why I'm asking this is because this shock won't fit my frame (Turner DW Spot) due to the large piggyback, but it may fit if I shave off the end of the piggyback which surrounds the outer part of the schraeder valve. It won't affect performance and I can cover the valve with a simple cap, just like on other shocks out there. But before I actually buy the shock and do this crazy thing to it (voiding the warranty of course and considerably lowering the resale value) I need to make sure this mod will make it fit.

Thanks in advance

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I have a 7.875x2.25 version on my bike and had the same issue at max-compression.

Swapping the roco end-cap for a schraeder valve cover (ano red, natch) was easy and got back 3-4mm. For a while ran with a 3mm nylon washer between the top-out bumper and the coil base-plate to further restrict stroke. This worked for me since spec on my bike was 2" and not 2.25" stroke "reducing" stroke to ~2" was more correct anyway. I don't think that this necessarily is what you are looking for though.

lazy piston
    Mar 2006
    Thanks bear but I'm not only thinking about replacing the cap with a valve cover but also shaving the excess material from the piggyback itself.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I meant to comment on that - I got that from your OP, the "well" seems pretty deep there - I can measure that - but I don't know how that would affect assembly strength.

windwave.co.uk - under their tech / zoke section - has some exploded diagrams that will show you what I mean.

lazy piston
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    windwave.co.uk - under their tech / zoke section - has some exploded diagrams that will show you what I mean.
    I see now, thanks. Should've looked at the diagram before posting this. Looks like shaving off the excess will probably leave too few threads for the part with the valve to hold securely in place, likely it will blow up when pressurizing the piggyback. Bad idea.