mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Marzocchi MX Pro SL

As I've always been a fan of the MX pro fork (especially when it comes to what you get for your money), I decided to buy the new SL version for my new trance 2.

According to the manual a lanky bloke like me at 155lbs, should inflate the standard leg with 35psi and the TS leg with >30psi. I'm just not getting anyway near the full travel at these pressures!

I've tried various other pressure combinations and i'm not having much luck at all. On my old MX Pro I would inflate the one leg to 35psi and it would work great. As this SL version has two legs to inflate I'm sure this is what's causing the problem.

Does anyone else have this fork? would it be ok to run the TS leg with almost no pressure in it? or should i just eat more pies and stop riding like a girly?

As always i respect all feedback on here

Cheers,
    Neil.

Any given singletrack!
    There is probably to much oil inside... Marzocchi likes to fill it's forks with more than it's necesary. tray to remove some of it, and it will be just fine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

I had the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by neil_uk
    As I've always been a fan of the MX pro fork (especially when it comes to what you get for your money), I decided to buy the new SL version for my new trance 2.

According to the manual a lanky bloke like me at 155lbs, should inflate the standard leg with 35psi and the TS leg with >30psi. I'm just not getting anyway near the full travel at these pressures!

I've tried various other pressure combinations and i'm not having much luck at all. On my old MX Pro I would inflate the one leg to 35psi and it would work great. As this SL version has two legs to inflate I'm sure this is what's causing the problem.

Does anyone else have this fork? would it be ok to run the TS leg with almost no pressure in it? or should i just eat more pies and stop riding like a girly?

As always i respect all feedback on here

Cheers,
    Neil.

Just bought an '06 MX Pro 100-120 ETA/TAS. The right leg is air and the left is the ETA coil spring. Even with the air pressure at zero, I counldn't get the last inch of travel. After talking the tech folk at Marzocchi, I discovered that I had WAY too much oil in the left leg. I just fixed it today.

First, I'd take all the air out and see if the legs compress all the way. If it doesn't, I'd give the factory a call to get the specifics on your fork.