mtbr member
    Jun 2007

marzocchi MX pro lockout air 120mm travel fork

what do you guys think of this fork? I am getting a new dawg deluxe and this is the fork that comes with it. The only bad thing I have heard about the dawg is that it comes with a weak fork. What is so bad about this fork? Should I get my LBS to swap it out from the get go?

ay Diablo!
    It's not a bad fork if you use it for it's intended purpose. Which is xc with no large drops (1-2 ft, even though marzocchi doesn't recommend it). Of course there are better forks, but for the price and performance the mx pro is a good fork. It's very reliable and easy to service, and fairly adjustable with being able to play with oil heights and weights to get the perfect ride.
    So what I'm trying to say it depends. It depends on you riding style and needs. If you do more then xc or a little aggressive xc, then yes try and see if your LBS will swap it. If not ride it and it should be a good fork for you.
    Bunk
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

banned
    The Dawg is more bike than that fork was made for. The damping is so so, but overall, long travel and 30mm stanchions are a no no.