Marzocchi Junior T Air Mod questions
I have a 2004 Marzocchi Junior T that is way too soft. I have heard rumors of replacing the top cap on one leg with an air cap, then just add air to increase stiffness. A few questions about this:
1) What do I have to remove in the leg I modify to make this happen?
2) Do I need any sort of spacer inside the fork? I have heard that you need a 1/2" spacer to stop the SSV rod from hitting the air cap. True? Or is all this stuff removed anyway?
3) Do I still put oil in the new air leg?
4) Where can I get an air cap?
5) Does it really work? Or is this just a bad internet idea.
I'm about to order new all new seals and any other rubber parts that can be replaced, etc as well as new shock oil and a though cleaning of everything. Just did all this with my Fox RLC (as well as machining a custom travel spacer) so I am very confident none of this is beyond me. Just want to make sure I have everything I need to finish the project before I start so my bike isn't down for any extra time and I can go ride!