Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    187

    Marzocchi Gran Fondo 1

    My friend just got an 06 kona dawg and it has a marzocchi gran fondo 1 lock up fork. Im looking at the manual for it and it say very little about the lock up. does this mean itsa locking fork? there is only a knob on the left leg of the fork and it says if you turn it clockwise u activate the lock up and cc u reset the normal function....im kinda confused about this can someone let me know...also i guess with locking forks you only lock one side? and then obviously the other side cant compress?

    am i right? is this a locking fork? thanks guys...

  2. #2
    lidless ascender
    Reputation: problematiks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    810
    I'm not really sure what exactly it is you want to know, but yes: if you turn the knob to the lockout position the fork stops moving.This is not the usual Marzocchi lockout, where you close the rebound circuit (therefore it's actually a lock-in ), but the type other suspension companies use, you close the compression circuit on this one.

    Marko

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by problematiks
    I'm not really sure what exactly it is you want to know, but yes: if you turn the knob to the lockout position the fork stops moving.This is not the usual Marzocchi lockout, where you close the rebound circuit (therefore it's actually a lock-in ), but the type other suspension companies use, you close the compression circuit on this one.

    Marko
    thanks, i think i finally found it in the 17 language manual...it seems like if you turn it on..when the fork compresses it will not decompress...so if it compresses even more it will just stay compressed untill u turn it off...

  4. #4
    lidless ascender
    Reputation: problematiks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronD
    thanks, i think i finally found it in the 17 language manual...it seems like if you turn it on..when the fork compresses it will not decompress...so if it compresses even more it will just stay compressed untill u turn it off...
    Actually you were reading about ETA in that manual.Gran Fondo has a different type of lockout.When you turn the lockout on, the forks won't compress and it will stay in the extended position, contrary to ETA, where you can compress the fork and it doesn't extend back.

    Marko

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by problematiks
    Actually you were reading about ETA in that manual.Gran Fondo has a different type of lockout.When you turn the lockout on, the forks won't compress and it will stay in the extended position, contrary to ETA, where you can compress the fork and it doesn't extend back.

    Marko
    oh i see it now...so you still get 20mm of travel but thats it...cool thanks

  6. #6
    lidless ascender
    Reputation: problematiks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronD
    oh i see it now...so you still get 20mm of travel but thats it...cool thanks
    You have 30mm travel with ETA, Gran Fondo is totally locked out.
    Anyway, use the lockout only for road riding and smooth offroad uphills.Don't try to jump or ride rough terrain (especially downhills) with the fork in the locked out mode.

    Marko

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •