mtbr member

Marzocchi Drop Off TRIPLE 170mm: Plushness?

Here's a question for all ya'll suspension experts:

My buddy has a 2007 Kona Stinky with a Marzocchi Drop Off Triple 170mm travel fork. Yes, I am well aware that this fork is generally considered entry level garbage, but my buddy doesn't really want to spend the money, nor does he really need the adjustability of a higher end fork. He's more of a "set it and forget it," then go pound the hell out of the bike kind-of-guy.

Can anyone tell me about these forks, and how they can be made more plush? As far as I know, the only adjustments are internal pre-load and internal rebound.

Can the spring and/or internals be swapped out? Can the internal oil be changed? Is this fork easy to rebuild?

Names of tuners and/or websites with more information would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance for your input.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Need to start by going to Marzocchi's website and downloading the service manual. "Plush" is a rather lacking term as for as real fork performance is concerned. SSV dampning can be modified by changing the oil viscosity and height.

Flying to the Rescue!
    SurfSaleRide, did you ever find any info on the shocks?or have any of your questions answered, cause I actually have the same exact questions for anyone out there that can help me, so please hit me up whenever you get a chance.

Thank you,

Sir Chile!