Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    guys its me again hehe, what you think for put on on this fork brake disc avid bb5 with 160mm disc ? i have problem with v-brake when i turn its wipes brake on the rims but when i go straight its everything good... any ideas?

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    The v-brake pads rubbing could be from many things like loose bearings, fork flex, pads too close to the rims, loose axle, loose spokes, broken or cracked axle, broken or cracked brace that joins the legs, worn bushes in the fork, etc.

Do you have the BB5 ?
    If yes, then you could put it on if your wheel has a disc hub.
    If no, then I wouldn't buy the BB5, I'd get the BB7 instead.

High Gravity Haze
    Quote Originally Posted by cobba View Post
    The v-brake pads rubbing could be from many things like loose bearings, fork flex, pads too close to the rims, loose axle, loose spokes, broken or cracked axle, broken or cracked brace that joins the legs, worn bushes in the fork, etc.
    It can also be from an improperly tensioned or simply a flexy wheel. I ran mine with both V-Brakes and disc. While running V-brakes, as long as I was running a Mavic 117 rim laced to a Ritchey hub, I would have brake rubbing on every corner. When I switched to Mavic Crossmax wheels with no other changes except for new pads, the rubbing almost completely disappeared.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    my rim front its simply and normal... noname... hub are ok and fork isnt broken, but i see that when i push fork to down and i turn wheel then in this moment are rubbing brake, maybe i need to try with other wheel more better as this my

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

what king of adapter for disc i need for this fork ?
    Last edited by adcolgrz; 12-18-2012 at 06:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adcolgrz View Post

what king of adapter for disc i need for this fork ?
    Something like this: Avid Disc Brake Adapter Front 160mm International Standard 74mm to 51mm | eBay
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thnx !!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    guys i have the last question hehe, for this fork i can put brake bb7 with 185 disc ? or this fork for disc brake its too much lighter and can broken ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2