Thread: Marzocchi

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Marzocchi

I really like my 2010 44 RC3 Ti spring Marzocchi. So I just went to the Marzocchi website to check out their new models. They have 14 forks listed for 2013; down quite a bit from the 31 offered last year. Are they sinking?

urmb
    Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.
    Theodore Roethke

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    I have that same fork, been very happy with it, Although I had to change the spring for a lighter weight for me @ 150 lbs. I like plush.
    I know Zoke has been going through changes, in personal; locations & products. Hope they can get it together, cause I really like their stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    From what I can gather from some threads is they have consolidated the range at the moment as they have changed manufactuter and are moving some mfg in house? More models to come out mid year,

Could be a smoke screen? Who knows. Hope not. My 2013 55CR's are great[ except for the plastic knobs]. Hoping they will do a 29er long travel 55CR in the same price range.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by urmb View Post
    Are they sinking?
    I wouldn't say they're sinking, bu there have been some pretty huge upheavals in Marzocchi's mtb suspension business the last couple of years.

For whatever reason a number of the Marzocchi US staff left and are now DVO, Zocchi also split from SR Suntour who had been making the forks up until last year, they'll be making the DVO products.

Marzocchi itself are now getting their forks made by a company called Hodaka, they've already announced a new shock and DH fork, with an all new line up apparently coming for 2014/15. When that comes out we'll see if they're in the market for forks other than 55s and 888s, but right now seems to be a sort of in-between phase for them.

mtbr member
    Hodaka has a good reputation. DVO apparently has a bunch of SR Suntour money behind them and Tenneco Marzocchi is supposedly working on some piezo-electric or magnetorheological damper tech that will blow everyone away or not work or be really expensive. Corvette and some other supercars use magnetorheological tech in their suspension. It's crazytown.

This is rumor from a friend of mine with some inside info. Who knows.

mk
    trailwerkssuspension.com

RideDirt
    Love Marzocchi stuff , prob the best most plush forks you can ride. Wish they just spent time to market and keep their name up top in the game ..