mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Marzocchi 66 SL 1 ATA service?

Hi,
    I'm after a nice pictorial step by step proceedure to service my Maz 66 SL 1 ATA '07. Has anybody come up with one yet, (similar to the fox 36 service that can be found on this forum). I know there's one out there in Italian but I would prefer English if possible.
    Cheers,
    Fat Paddy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    me too!!!!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    i have a service coming up on mine soon (couple weeks maybe, gotta get seals), I'll try to remember to photo log it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I will change the oil seals and dustwipers soon, I'll probably have to change the oil too, I'll try to document it (although I really wanted someone else to do it before me so that I have somethign to look at while I do it )

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    sernevi, the 66 SL1 isn't different than much any older 'zoke in this respect. The same mechanism for the wipers, seals, and clip-ring seems to be the rule for this "older" design.

So, finding any 'zoke guide will be a reasonably helpful thing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    sernevi, the 66 SL1 isn't different than much any older 'zoke in this respect. The same mechanism for the wipers, seals, and clip-ring seems to be the rule for this "older" design.

So, finding any 'zoke guide will be a reasonably helpful thing.
    Yeah, that's what I figured, so I downloaded the 2006 manual (there's no exploded view in the 2007 one..) and will go at it..

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    you should not have any issues, so long as you've got the right tools ( mostly, a cassette lockring tool that does *not* have a center axle - to apply to the topcaps, and a deep-socket or crescent wrench that will let you work the foot-nuts ).

hint: release all air PSI, and unscrew the ATA topcap enough to depressurize the leg (and then tighten it again), before releasing the footnuts. Don't want air-pushed oil going everywhere.