Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    ah my topic has arrived/exists. ive just bought a new 2011 55tst2 fork cheap!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Ok, circa 4th ride and I've found the following: I'm struggling with a top-out on rebound and the forks are too linear. I weigh 210lb and if to make the forks responsive I need to drop the pressure. Too much pressure and the forks become too stiff. In addition no matter what I can't get the last two inches of travel on he stanchion - which says' too much oil? Although my question is I need more oil to enable me to drop the psi to get the forks more responsive?

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacek View Post
    Ok, circa 4th ride and I've found the following: I'm struggling with a top-out on rebound and the forks are too linear. I weigh 210lb and if to make the forks responsive I need to drop the pressure. Too much pressure and the forks become too stiff. In addition no matter what I can't get the last two inches of travel on he stanchion - which says' too much oil? Although my question is I need more oil to enable me to drop the psi to get the forks more responsive?
    Oil level will only increase the spring rate in the last inch or two of stroke.

The coil spring is very light, at 210, you have to use a fair amount of air to increase spring rate. Which makes it notchy.

Lube the stanchions on a regular basis - allow for some break in. It will get a bit better, but IME not fully go away.

P

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    Credit Flyag1 for the pic.

Do the opposite of this (the photo is for 140 to 160)

P
    Does this work on the 2011 TST2? Looks like the right leg/TST leg? .......and an easy mod.

I.e I'll pop the top off, ease down slightly - remove the travel shim and store in a box. Any oil loss out of the top- I'll top up/replace. This way no need to undo the bottom/remove the shaft?

Looks similar to the Fox 36 float travel adjust that I've done previously to 140..

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    285 uk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    Credit Flyag1 for the pic.

Do the opposite of this (the photo is for 140 to 160)

P
    got a Q about the 55.. i have the 55tst2 and i feel its to hard, i cant get the full 160mm its only use 140/145.. i change the oil the other day and i notice the black spacer like in the picture mark as B.. can i just remove the spacer and it will use the full 160mm?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eyco View Post
    got a Q about the 55.. i have the 55tst2 and i feel its to hard, i cant get the full 160mm its only use 140/145.. i change the oil the other day and i notice the black spacer like in the picture mark as B.. can i just remove the spacer and it will use the full 160mm?
    The black spacer will always have to be present, only the position dictates the amount of available travel.
    If you have trouble accessing the last 15mm of travel, you should reduce the amount of oil in the left leg (try about 1cm) so the final ramp-up will be reduced.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by two-one View Post
    The black spacer will always have to be present, only the position dictates the amount of available travel.
    If you have trouble accessing the last 15mm of travel, you should reduce the amount of oil in the left leg (try about 1cm) so the final ramp-up will be reduced.
    It have 70ml of oil, should i reduce it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4