mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Marzocchi 55 Micro Switch TA service infos?

Merry Christmas to you all,
    Just bought a used 55 Micro Switch TA and would like to give it a good service over the winter. I can't find much on Zoke's website so here I am asking you guys for any tips, videos, guide etc

The fork has both a micro cartridge (TST?) and the travel adjustment one.

I am used to do my own fork maintenance and have work on both open bath system(2007 RC2X) and closed cartridge(fox) so I should be fine.
    Last edited by nightnerd; 01-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Bumping this thread as I suspect it didn't get much attention because of the holidays... I hope someone will have knowledge to share!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'd like to know as well....

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Me too please. Only service centre in Australia says Marz wont even give them service info for these and other forks. You can find info on damper and dust/wiper seal replacement but not on bleed procedure for the TA cartridge.

Pay no mind to us...
    That seems to be the main drawback to Marz compared to say Fox, Rockshox, X-Fusion, and even Manitou.

I keep seeing references by Marz on Pinkbike that they will be releasing more relevant service information on their web site soon but no specifics on when that will be exactly.

I get that a manufacturer wants to keep a Fred from bungling equipment but at the same time this isn't rocket science and following a clearly laid out procedure should be up to the user of the product I think.

Quote Originally Posted by niva1989 View Post
    Me too please. Only service centre in Australia says Marz wont even give them service info for these and other forks. You can find info on damper and dust/wiper seal replacement but not on bleed procedure for the TA cartridge.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I agree. Not all bike riders are hopeless when it comes to servicing their own bikes. Many would work on much more complicated equipment and are more than capable of following a procedure. Most special tools are super cheap or can be easily substituted without issue. A huge plus is the satisfaction you get from doing it yourself and actually learning a bit about the insides of something that you own and have invested a lot of money in. LBS still wins as you buy the parts through them and not everyone would have the time or interest in servicing themselves.
    I will probably just stick with Rockshox from now on. They have very well laid out manuals readily available for all their products and don't treat all riders like "Freds". I say put it out there for those of us that want to do it!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I have a guide somehwere for the 09 marz 55 TST micro...but they have probbably totally changed since then.