mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Marzocchi 55 ATA2 oil replacement

I am due to replace the oil in my 2008 55 ATA2 fork. I checked the Marzocchi website and it states that each leg should have 55 cc in each leg. This sounds like a lot of oil?! Or am I reading the table incorrectly:

http://www.marzocchi.com/spa/mtb/pro...K&Sito=usa-mtb

Does anyone else have a better idea of what amount of oil to use? How about a measurement from the top of each leg for the oil height?

On another topic, where can I get a new 20mm QR axle?...I've just realized that mine doesn't ratchet like they are supposed to, and the lever sticks out dangerously...

Thanks!
    Chris.

eBiker
    25cc min each leg.

Grease the o-ring on the axle, and give the puppy some force, it rachets.

P

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by field_c
    I am due to replace the oil in my 2008 55 ATA2 fork. I checked the Marzocchi website and it states that each leg should have 55 cc in each leg. This sounds like a lot of oil?! Or am I reading the table incorrectly:

http://www.marzocchi.com/spa/mtb/pro...K&Sito=usa-mtb

Does anyone else have a better idea of what amount of oil to use? How about a measurement from the top of each leg for the oil height?

On another topic, where can I get a new 20mm QR axle?...I've just realized that mine doesn't ratchet like they are supposed to, and the lever sticks out dangerously...

Thanks!
    Chris.
    Chris,
    Good to see Marz corrected their site. A few weeks ago they had 200/50 for this fork - wooops! What you are reading is in fact correct. Just measure 55cc or ml and pour it into each leg.