aL1
    mtbr member

Marzocchi 44 RLO or Marzocchi Marathon LR Suspension

Okay, I've narrowed it down to the Marzocchi 44 RLO (2010/2011) or the Marzocchi Marathon LR Suspension (2011) & I want to pull the trigger in the next few days-

Which would you choose...the 44 has been around awhile...and the Marathon looks relatively new, even though based on a prior model...

Riding would be mostly city and light trails-

My budget is somewhere around $250-

I ruled-out the Tora 302 based on negative reviews, and ruled-out the Manitou Match...

My first choice would have been a Tora 318 Solo Air, but it's not available anywhere-

So....a 44 or a Marathon?
    Last edited by aL1; 11-04-2010 at 06:41 AM.
    '09 Hardrock Sport Disc
    '06 Schwinn Aluminum Comp [R.I.P.]

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Marathon LR is the replacement for the 33, so 44 was a better fork before they tweaked everything.

Personally I'd stick to the 44, it's well proven and tested, gets good reviews and I'm really tempted to buying 1 myself almost have done a few times.

aL1
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turveyd
    Marathon LR is the replacement for the 33, so 44 was a better fork before they tweaked everything.

Personally I'd stick to the 44, it's well proven and tested, gets good reviews and I'm really tempted to buying 1 myself almost have done a few times.
    I agree- I'm leaning towards the 44...
    '09 Hardrock Sport Disc
    '06 Schwinn Aluminum Comp [R.I.P.]

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Upset Marzocchi Marathon LR faulty

I bought a Marzocchi Marathon LR 2 months ago and rode it maybe a dozen times. The rebound stopped working so I had to have it serviced. It'll cost me labor from the shop as well as shipping. I'd stay away from Marzocchi. For it to fail in 2 months is ridiculous.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by T3man
    I bought a Marzocchi Marathon LR 2 months ago and rode it maybe a dozen times. The rebound stopped working so I had to have it serviced. It'll cost me labor from the shop as well as shipping. I'd stay away from Marzocchi. For it to fail in 2 months is ridiculous.
    If the fork was only 2 months old, why did you not get it repaired under warranty

Marzocchi have the best warranty of any fork manufacturer to my knowledge which shows to me they have faith in there products, can't go wrong with three years warranty!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It is being serviced under warranty. The problem is I bought it over the internet and had the bike shop install it so all expenses for the un-install and install after it's serviced will cost me, probably shipping too. It's been 2 weeks and we still haven't heard from Marzocchi. In other words, the repair by Marzocchi will be under warranty. Taking the fork off the bike, shipping it and the re-installing it on the bike is my expense. Not to mention weeks without a bike. Not very reliable.
    Also, a 3 year warranty is good but I'd rather buy a product that is reliable and won't fail so I don't have to use the warranty. Two months for a fork to fail is not good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

why not remove and install yourself? Its easy.

why not remove and install yourself? Its easy.