mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Marzocchi 22 Lo strange noise from inside

Unfortunately my quest to find some pro los near me proved fruitless since all known bike stores around my area have sold out of them due to such good reviews about them . So i decided to get the 2009 equivilent the 22 los that had the nifty remote lockout that my old forks didn't have . When I was riding them out on a test run in richmond , they started making a strange clunking and rubbing noise everytime i make a hard compress on the fork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0JlTNpEsbc

Heres the best sound capture i can do .
    I took the bike back to my lbs and they say its just excess oil that needs to be broken into the systems after speaking to windwave about it .
    Is there any truth about this because this is the first time a new suspension fork i've bought has made such a noise?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    how do you like that fork so far? i want to get one so bad, lockout feature works pretty well?

i actually saw your video last night when i was bored and tried to find this fork. hope what your lbs said is right

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    fork is too noisy and the feel is not smooth . May be taking it back later this week