mtbr member
    May 2006

New question here. Marzocchi 2010 100mm 44 RLO help please...

Just fitted the above forks to my son's bike. Secondhand of Ebay but in almost mint condition.

Can someone just verify if its lockout is behaving as it should? I only have experience of lockout on my Rockshox forks... not Marzocchi you see.

Basically when the dial on the crown is turned to Lockout, the forks will still compress if pumped slowly, but if compressed fast, they lock out after a couple of inches of travel, then after a couple more pumps, the Lockout "ramps up" so they compress far less.

Even once ramped up to almost solid, if you then compress them very slowly they will still compress sometimes.

I can see a kind of logic to the way it works, but its very different to the lockout on my Rockshox forks. Its like there is a valve brought on line when locked out that only allows oil to move at a slow pace... but if honking out of the saddle uphill, it will lock the forks as you would want them to do if lockout is engaged. Or should the lockout stop the oil moving, period..... without the need for a few compression strokes?

Thanks for info guys.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    OK, narrowed the "issue" down now... if it is an issue!

To get her to lockout properly, the forks just need to be unweighted then pumped a few times then lock as they should... and stay locked as they should.

So, is it normal to need to let the forks fully extend before the lockout will engage after a few small pumps?

I suppose, as they only lockout at full extension.... it would make sense that they need to be fully extended BEFORE they can lock out?? lol

Hope that makes sense?