mtbr member

Idea! Marzo AM SL1 internals with 55R chassis?

Hi bikers,
    I have currently tuned Marzo AM SL1 year 2007 and Iīm satisfied with the way it works...

But after some issues with bushings which made me to lend a Marzo 55R from a friend for seasons outro riding weekend - I could definitely felt the difference in chassis stiffness (32 x 35 inner legs).

So hereīs my thought: Is it possible, when I get cheap Marzo 55R with shitty internals to switch īem for my tuned ones from AM SL1?

Thanks in advance for all your advices, tips, sources

Cheers
    Personal, little freaky story-photo-blog: ondrakozubek.webnode.cz

mtbr member
    It should be possible as most parts from various years of Zocchi's are interchangeable, i run a 2010 RC3 cart in my 07 66.

HOWEVER, the main problem is that you will have to get new top caps and adjusters, as the old ones will only fit a 32mm chassis. What internals do you have in the AM SL1? If you have an RC2 cart, then you will need a 55 RC3 top cap and adjuster, in the other leg do you have a ATA cart? in which case you will need to get a 55 ATA top cap, or maybe a 07 66 ATA top cap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M2R
    It should be possible as most parts from various years of Zocchi's are interchangeable, i run a 2010 RC3 cart in my 07 66.

HOWEVER, the main problem is that you will have to get new top caps and adjusters, as the old ones will only fit a 32mm chassis. What internals do you have in the AM SL1? If you have an RC2 cart, then you will need a 55 RC3 top cap and adjuster, in the other leg do you have a ATA cart? in which case you will need to get a 55 ATA top cap, or maybe a 07 66 ATA top cap
    Thanx for answer. I have TST5 cartridge in one leg and ATA in the other.
    Will there be need to change lower adjusters or there fine to use the same ones?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Manīs Nightmare
    Will there be need to change lower adjusters or there fine to use the same ones?
    Nope, lower adjuster's should be fine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Manīs Nightmare
    And oil levels inside fork should be equal to internals or to chassis - should I use oil level recommended for AM or 55?
    Air pressures is according to internals...