mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Marz Corsa SL travel adjust

Hey Guys,

I've searched around and have turned up nothing. I just bought a 2012 Corsa SL RC. It's currently set at 100mm, and I want to bring it up to 120mm.

I am confident in what I have to do once I get the fork apart, and am comfortable with all of that.

From what I understand, it's very similar to adjusting the travel on the 44. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

But, for the life of, I can't figure out how the hell to get the rebound knob off. It's a plastic knob that is recessed into the fork leg. It does not appear to be held or locked in with a bolt, but can't seem to pull it off.

Can anyone tell me exactly how I get the rebound knob off to access the bottom bolt to take the lowers off?

I feel like a complete noob about this, but without putting some vice pliers on it and yanking, I can't get it off, and since it's plastic, I am hesitant to put vices on it.

Thanks guys! Also if anyone can comment on if adjusting the travel is the same (or similar) to the 44, that's be awesome.

-Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Send a email to Marzocchi Tech from their website. They reply quickly and are very easy to work with. I seem to remember in a Marzocchi TST 29 thread on here the same question. Try a search in 29er components.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks.

I've searched all over and can't find anything. Maybe I'm using the wrong keywords or something.

I sent an email to Marz but don't expect a reply until tomorrow at the earliest... but I have the fork in the stand now, so was hoping someone knew something.

Thanks anyways!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just pull on the adjuster knob with pliers, it is quite tight and you might need to wiggle it a bit but it will come. You will probably scratch it so accept that now. Otherwise it is identical to a 44 travel change

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    awesome, thanks! I tried using pliers last night and the pliers slipped off and scratched the knob... and I have a moment of depression, then realized it's a mountain bike fork. Shortly after, I had it standing up against the wall and somehow, it fell over a took a paint chip out of the lower... good thing it's a marzocchi and you could drive a tank over it and it will still work just as good.

I'll update once I've finished the change.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    So I got the fork apart, and to my surprise... no spacer (it was set at 100mm)!

I bought it aftermarket, brand new, from Blue Sky Cycling, where it clearly indicated it was "100mm (80-120 w spacer)".

It's too late for me to call blue sky or Marzocchi, but it appears this fork came with a shorter (100-80mm) push-rod?

I'll talk to Marzocchi tomorrow and find out, and then go to Blue Sky from there.

Frustrating!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sorry I missed it was an sl rc, they are 100mm max unfortunately, it is only the sl lr version that can go to 120mm

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    sorry, it's not an RC version (my mistake). It is a 2012 Corsa SL 29er (the model with the TST Micro/Lockout). Either way, Marzocchi's website also indicates the fork as being convertible to 120mm, and also, the 2013 Corsa SL RC 29er is also indicated as being convertible to 120mm. So, someone f*%!ed up here, Blue Sky or Marzocchi (or both).

I sent an email to Blue sky this morning, hopefully will get a response. I am also heading into the Marzocchi Service center here in North Van this morning to have them take a look at the fork (and then depending on what they say, get back to Blue sky). I am hoping (fingers crossed) that Marzocchi will recognize this as a "warranty" issue and make things right, but I am not too optimistic with that.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    * Some of the products that BlueSkyCycling sell are OE/OEM and they don't always advertise it apparently, there's been a few threads where this has been mentioned.

* The Marzocchi website only lists only 'Aftermarket Forks' and the specs for their 'OEM' forks can sometimes be different to their 'Aftermarket Forks'.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yeah, so I've seen. What it looks like is that Blue Sky took OE forks preset at 100mm with 100mm pushrods, and then just put new CSUs on them.

I am on my way to the Marzocchi service center, where they are gonna take a look at it (amazing support from Marzocchi by the way, at least here in Van), and I'll update. Sometimes good deals are just too good to be true...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I just purchased one from cambriabike.com and I am really hoping to set it at 120, hope I can. I was trying to find oil level info and it just says 10 for both sides. Don't feel like this is right, anyone else? Marz hasn't got back with me yet

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    *just got this back from Marz about the Corsa SL.

"We have actually discovered that though the Corsa Carbon and the Corsa LR can be extended to 120mm, the Corsa SL cannot be extended past 100mm. The Micro cartridge and the “dummy rod” in the other leg are not long enough to be set at 120mm. We are currently working on a solution to this."

Super bummed about this as it means I now need to look into a different fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hey Guys,

So yes, this is indeed the case. The Corsa SL 29er with the tapered hollow crown at 100/80mm only, NOT adjustable to 120mm. Both the dummy push rod and the cartridge/rebound assembly are max 100mm.

I took my fork into the Marzocchi service center here in North Vancouver (awesome service from Alex by the way), and they are ordering the new internals from Italy.

Blue Sky got back to me (awesome service as well), and said that anyone who purchased a Corsa SL 29er from them who wants it to be 120mm should contact their service center directly to make arrangements to have it changed. Because it was a mis-print on Marzocchi's website, the change *should* be done free of charge.

Quite frustrating, but rarely does a bike build go off without a hitch at all.

-Mike

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Good job! Great customer service

Second the great customer service coming out of marzocchi! Just got off the phone with them and same story as bigmike I'll get the updated internals when they get them. Didn't have an ETA but did say they would take care of it for me free of charge. Told me just to ride it at the 100 til the 120 internals are available and then they would take care of it. Great way to keep me hanging around as a customer. Great people to work with and good to see marzocchi coming back to life.

steel is real...heavy
    Nov 2005
    So did you guys with the Corsa SL 29er get the 120mm damper? Interested in changing mine as well.
    South Central PA

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Marzocchi USA in Long Beach, Ca did the work on mine (changed to 120mm), no labor charge. I'm digging the hell out of this fork. Solid for a good price !!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Been riding this fork this season on my Jet9RDO and have been impressed. especially for the blowout pricing I got on it. I had the internals bumped up to 120 by Marzocchi. I had a few issues however I was looking into.
    I have yet to use all of the travel and was wondering how everyone else is doing here. I am getting maybe 105 of the 120. My rebound nob seems to spin continuously in either direction, does anyone else have this issue? Last issue is clearance. I run a 2.25 nobby Nic and I constantly worry about catching stuff around the crown, did during a race once this season. what tires are you guys running?
    Would love to get this fork dialed in as I feel it has potential but it is just not running as smooth as my fox on the hardtail. suggestions?