Thread: marz AM1

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

marz AM1

whats the deal with the AM1? it seems like its basically a 55, correct?

i understand theres been a lot of reliability problems with marz, but then again theres been tons of seemingly permanent DIY fixes for everything from the ATA stuck down to shimming tst carts and other damper repairs.. it sounds like the AM and 55 forks ride great when they work?

im more looking at the AM1. theres a few leftovers around, they're cheap, and not unreasonably heavy. im comfortable fixing all the issues as long as they're not recurring constant issues.

mtbr member
    biggest problem with AM1 would be the TST cartridge - it was prone to giving up and hating life.

WHEN the 55 works it is fine, but the last few years have spent a lot of time in the shop.

If I was forced to run another single crown zocchi product right now I would do 1 of 2 things - either find a zocchi from 2007 or before in the Z1 lineup, or have a pair of 55 (or 66 if I wanted something bigger) so one could be in use while the other is being repaired.

mtbr member
    the am1 has 32 mm stanchions where the 55 has 35mm. stay away from the 08's, jenson has good deals on the 09 55 ata(not the micro). U could pick one of those up and mod the port damper like some other guys are doing. The am1 has a lot of issues with the various incarnations of the tst. Best bet would be to convert an am1 to rc2 spec.I am in the process of doing so, just need the lower plug unit and the right foot nut but some of the guys at zoke don't know what i am talking about, I even gave them the part numbers lol.
    For right now I converted my am1 to 2wt Red Line synthetic oil in both legs.15 mm in the ata side and 20mm(not the recommended 40) in the semi bath tst side.I have the older tst with the bladder and like most others I can't quite get the last inch of travel due to the port orifice design of the damper. But changing the oil height and viscosity has allowed me to gain a lot of small bump sensitivity.

RIP Friendgirl
    It's my understanding that ALL ata zoch's back to 07 year have a 100% failure rate. I would avoid them all as there doesn't seem to be a long term fix other than convert them to coil.

Theres a reason no 2010 zoch has ata now.....