No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

Marz 55 TST2, do I need an air adapter?

2008 55 TST2 with upgraded '09 cartridge, just rebuilt by Marz.

This fork has a coil in the left leg with low-pressure negative air. I generally use high-pressure air forks. I hooked up my regular rockshox air pump to the schraeder valve on the left leg, but was not able to adequately control the air input to dial it in.

I bought a low-pressure rockshox pump, but can't seem to get the fork to take air with it. Do I need to purchase the Marz. air adapter for this fork? I'm confused because standard pumps do thread on. Thanks.

RIP Friendgirl
    Just count the # of pump strokes with your regular shock pump.

Tell me what riding weight you are & i can get you close.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Hmm. I'm roughly 200-205 with my pack/gear.

So, do I need the adapter? I don't mind spending a couple bucks to have it; I'm kind of a weenie about pressure and it really feels like this fork will be sensitive 1-2 psi on either side of the sweet spot.

RIP Friendgirl

No Adapter Needed

It's just a regular schraeder valve. I'm the same weight geared up & use 2.5 to 4 PSI. Yes,that low because it's just to boost the spring. The range per Marzocchi is 0 to 15 PSI.

To get a repeatable pressure you may need to find a shock pump that you can remove the gauge & replace with a 0-15 PSI one. What i did.....

Might be a good time to check the oil height on the spring side (left) also as it controls bottom out resistance. Let the air out, take cap off with a cassette tool & remove black plastic spacer with the spring. Compress fork ALL the way to the crown & measure from the top of where the cap was to the oil. For your weight i would start with 55mm.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Weird. As I said, I bought a low volume pump. When I use it, the dial shows air going in, but when I remove it, there's no air in the fork (as demonstrated by testing sag).

With my high-volume pump, the fork takes air, but the dial minimum reading is 10, so it's impossible to tell how much is actually in the fork.

RIP Friendgirl
    Then just use your regular shock pump & count the strokes. One pump is approximately 1 PSI. Just make sure you let all the air out of the leg first.

Don't blame the fork just because your newly bought low pressure pump doesn't seem to work

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    No issues w/ the fork so far. I bought it from the original owner, who had a couple of failures. It's an '08 warranty rebuild with '09 crown, uppers and internals. Today was the first run after return from Marz. It's on my Turner Six Pack.

Obviously I had to guesstimate air pressure, just going off of sag. At whatever pressure I ran today, the fork was OK. A little bit stiff and I still have 40mm of unused travel after multiple drops down National this morning.

I'll try your method. 1 psi per pump stroke. Thanks.