mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Manitou Swinger 3 way service

I've just got back my Manitou Swinger 3 way from services (living in France) (my bike was bobbing and the shock was making clicking noise on small hits, I guessed that the SPV internal valves was not doing OK).
    Now, when I empty the main chamber and then the SPV chamber (so when there is no air at all in the shock), the shock go immediately in a stuck down position. Is this normal?

thanks,

Jess.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    At a guess I'd say yes. It just sounds like the negative air pressure in the main chamber which is normally opposed by the main air pressure.

I'd just make sure that your shock is returning to full length when pumped normally. I guess there's always a chance too much air has gotten into the negative pressure side to cause what you're seeing...
    Last edited by EmanResu; 03-13-2007 at 08:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EmanResu
    At a guess I'd say yes. It just sounds like the negative air pressure in the main chamber which is normally opposed by the main air pressure.

I'd just make sure that your shock is returning to full length when pumped normally. I guess there's always a chance too much air has gotten into the negative pressure side to cause what you're seeing...
    I had exactly the same problem with mine (2004). Paid $195 NZD for the service in November 2006 and it decided to misbehave again in Feb. It was sucking down - it happens when air escapes from one chamber into the negative causing a vaccuum. They replaced it FOC with a brand spanking new 2007 shock

Mine definately wasn't returning back to the specified length though and I was losing about 1" of travel!!