mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Manitou Split RPA

I just had to send my Swinger SPV 4-way back to Manitou for repair. Didn't want to stop riding, so found a Manitou Spilt RPA at my LBS for $35.00 for a backup. They had no info on the shock and I can find nothing online. I got it to ride fairly well, but am hoping that someone here might have some setup information that they could share. Thanks.

TNC
    noMAD man
    It's on the Manitou site under tech support. Select the manual for all 2006 rear shocks. I'd never heard of this shock. $35?...what is it?...a spring on a stick...LOL!...just kidding.

Freshly Fujified

I have a Split RP

Not sure what the RPA has that the RP doesn't but all I've done with mine is pump it to an appropriate pressure, adjust the rebound (blue knob) and I'm good to go. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of info out there on the shock.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

TNC
    noMAD man
    Clyde, is it an OEM shock or something?

Freshly Fujified

Pretty sure it's OEM

Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    Clyde, is it an OEM shock or something?
    It came out the year Hayes bought Manitou and was available on my Ibex Asta as well as the GF Fat Possum and a few other AM type bikes. Typical high volulme canister piggyback shock. It's about a $200 shock, so $35.00 for one as a backup is a pretty sweet deal. It pretty much just evaporated from their lineup after the buyout.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Flying Goat
    yea... i think it's the air version of the Manitou Metel... runs the same pedalling platform...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    holy cow!

35 bucks?

its not a good shock, you better mail it to me, ill dispose it properly!!!

Of course im kidding!

The damping side its similar to the metel/radium (shimmed) but it has platform adjustment as the metel rpa (linear to progressive?)...

If you tune the air pressure correctly youll find it is a nice shock (i think)...

How does the rebound work on that shock?

tell us how it goes on your bike...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thank you all.