All Mountain Rider

Manitou Splice Comp

Ok, so I know they are no Reba's or R7's but is the splice comp a relatively reliable fork. It comes with my Haro Shift R5 and I want to know what to expect.
    Haro Hucker

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    i have asking myslef that question for months..... most people will say it's not reliable because last years model had bad seals... and most of them had to get recalled.....

i have had this convo with my LBS mechanic and in his own opinion and from the small test's i've had... it's a hard working fork.... i was suprised to see how plush it was actualy lol....... the only down size is that theres a lack in adjustability..... only compression..... the rebound can only be adjusted internaly......

i was considering swaping it with a RS tora 318 u-turn for 70$ canadian, but after taking it for a test i didnt mind the fork at all

so now i have a delimma... i dont know if i should swap it..... only thing more i'll get is adjustability... and lets face it... usualy u only set it and go.....

so if on the fly adjustability is important to you then you probobly wont like the fork...... i say go for it... i probobly will myself

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    you should go talk to it with your LBS mechanic..... they should be able to tell u everything since they fix the,...... they obviously have more experience with forks than any rider......... but it is truly a hard working fork

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    hopefully i was able to help you out bro..... anybody else have somehting to ad???

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I had a 2005 super spice on my jekyll it was durable fork and still is. It had been replaced by a All moutain 1 though which is a lot better. But for a budget fork it is pretty decent.

mmm
    its a pretty plush fork...rides like a pogo stick due to its lack of adjustability. cromo steerer...my cut splice comp weighed in at 4.6lbs.

I just let one RIP
    yeah, it's a budget fork, but there are worse. Just ride it until it breaks, then replace with something higher end. Should get at least a couple years out of it.

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Mine is marginal clean and lubed. Not very plush for my weight (155lbs). It's absolutely terrible in the cold and once it gets dirty at all. But so far I haven't killed it so the reba will have to wait a little longer. Came stock on my Fuel 80 so I can't complain too much
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    how much can this fork take ..... i'm comin off a '00 manitou sxr..... gettin a devinci chiliepper which comes with the splice comp.... wont be doing anything more than the trails can throw at me around here .... which is usualy maxed a 3 footers.... small downhills........considering i'm coming off 80mm.... this should do fine eh?