mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Manitou R7 or Marz MX Pro?

So I have about 300 bucks to spend on a new fork- I'm kinda looking at the Manitou R7 or the Marzocchi MX Pro.

Do you guys know which is better and is more trouble free? I'm a set it and forget it guy- I don't need a million controls and settings or even lockout- I just want something that will last and be reliable. Any ideas?

Thanks

ay Diablo!
    I've always been a marz guy, for there plush reliable forks. Albeit some of there new offering have a bit to be desired in those aspects.

In my immediate family, four people have mx comps and have used then for years. I even had one for a month. They are exactly set and forget it type of fork. They just keep going, they don't wow you with performance, but they don't do any bad either.

I just recently switched from a marzocchi Z1 to a Manitou Nixon and have liked the Nixon thus far.

but for the qualities you are looking for, I give the nod to the mx pro. It's a nice fork.

Bunk
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have an MX Pro and it is a good fork for xc trail riding.

It is a bit heavy if you are racing or are a weight weenie, but is very reliable.
    Titus X Carbon
    Schwinn Prologue
    Rocky Mountain Element
    Orbea Lobular CX