Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 32 of 32
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Download the service manual off the Manitou website. There is a YOUTUBE video as well. You can use 100% synthetic motor oil for the semi-bath from an auto parts store.
    A bit off topic but still in the ballpark:

    I just bought and installed a Manitou Minute Expert and would like to convert it from 80mm to 100mm. I saw the service manual but would like a bit more info before I dive into it as I've never worked on an oil fork before.

    Is it possible to open it up and switch the travel spacer around without losing the oil? I'm wondering if there is a simple way to get to that adjustment without having to mess with the oil. If not, does this fork need 2 different types of oil?

    Thanks

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by hadeone View Post
    A bit off topic but still in the ballpark:

    I just bought and installed a Manitou Minute Expert and would like to convert it from 80mm to 100mm. I saw the service manual but would like a bit more info before I dive into it as I've never worked on an oil fork before.

    Is it possible to open it up and switch the travel spacer around without losing the oil? I'm wondering if there is a simple way to get to that adjustment without having to mess with the oil. If not, does this fork need 2 different types of oil?

    Thanks
    One oil for this procedure (synthetic motor oil) You have to drop the lowers for the travel change. Its a good idea to drop the lowers on a new fork as you will know the oil amount is correct.

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Download the service manual off the Manitou website. There is a YOUTUBE video as well. You can use 100% synthetic motor oil for the semi-bath from an auto parts store.
    I have the Service Manual. I will go through that. What weight Synthetic... I may have some in the garage already!

    Thanks for the quick response - you folks are great!

    Mike

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    One oil for this procedure (synthetic motor oil) You have to drop the lowers for the travel change. Its a good idea to drop the lowers on a new fork as you will know the oil amount is correct.
    Thanks. I will review the service manual and give it a shot. I'm more concerned about what needs to be done after removing the lowers but I will figure it out. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by iCollector View Post
    I have the Service Manual. I will go through that. What weight Synthetic... I may have some in the garage already!

    Thanks for the quick response - you folks are great!

    Mike
    Quoting another guy on this forum who said he got this recommendation from Manitou : "Castrol European Synthetic found at Autozone. It's 5W40."

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    157
    Thanks again. That oughta' last a while!

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19
    In case anyone reading this related to a search on manitou 100 minute pro forks... My 2013 forks have just been returned to wynstanleys uk as were 3mm out one side and so skewed the front wheel dramatically. Was hoping for a quick replacement for my faulty goods, but have now been sent on to minatou for reapair, hate being without bike, especially when not my doing....think would go rockshocks or equiv in hindsight.

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,693
    Stop bumping threads just to complain. It's inconsiderate and annoying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •