mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Manitou Minute Elite Absolute - 20mm Axle 2008 problems

Can you guys help me, just got new forks today. Put them on the bike and relised that my Absolute damper is not working, doesn't have much difference from position 1 through to 6 also have noticed that it will not achieve full travel even with the air released. It seems to to get to 115mm travel and then comes to a full stop quite hard.
    OOPS should of said these are the 140mm versions

mtbr member

Call Manitou

Have you tried calling Manitou?
    I have a 2007 minute elite 20mm and had a few issues at first, Shannan in customer service talked me through everything and even sent free replacement parts. They really have great CS, I would just give them a ring.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Im not sure about the dampening, my fork gets quite stiff as soon as its off position 1? As for the travel, my fork was very stiff and stopped before full travel so i bounced off kerbs at full force and it loosened up fast, now its smooth, good luck!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Think I've got it sorted. CS got back to me after one day, said by the sounds of it the forks had been shipped out with the wrong oil levels. Left them back with Chainreaction oil levels changed and everything seems to be working now.
    I know this is me just waqnting more for my money but I would like the Absolute damper to be a little more sensitive than it is, there is to much of a diiference from 1 - 3 and then very little from 3 - 5 , has anyone messed with changing the oil weight in these yet????? would it make any difference to the Absolute damper I know some guys here have messed with other types of manitou's.
    P.S. Thanks for the replies guys

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Give it a chance to break in, then change the oil, then see how it feels, before you plan any custom tuning.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy36
    Think I've got it sorted. CS got back to me after one day, said by the sounds of it the forks had been shipped out with the wrong oil levels. Left them back with Chainreaction oil levels changed and everything seems to be working now.
    I know this is me just waqnting more for my money but I would like the Absolute damper to be a little more sensitive than it is, there is to much of a diiference from 1 - 3 and then very little from 3 - 5 , has anyone messed with changing the oil weight in these yet????? would it make any difference to the Absolute damper I know some guys here have messed with other types of manitou's.
    P.S. Thanks for the replies guys
    Probably more info than you ever dreamed of here: 2008 Manitou Minute 120mm 29'er Fork.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells