Dont buy bikes at RETAIL
    May 2011

Manitou Metel R Coil?

Hey, I am very shortly about to order alot of parts, retailed at over $800, and I am getting them for about $350, thanks to price match at Jenson and huge savings at CRC. Well, since I am a beginner, I am getting a Manitou Metel R, and I really do not want to spend $34 on a Manitou Spring. So, I was wondering if a Progressive Suspension 5th Element Shock Spring would do the job. If you guys want to see what it is go onto Chain Reaction Cycles and look it up in the Rear Shocks section. I will be getting the 190mm eye to eye Manitou Metel R 2006 wih a 50mm stroke. Any help is aprreciated!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Meek Meek Meek
    Hey, I am very shortly about to order alot of parts, retailed at over $800, and I am getting them for about $350, thanks to price match at Jenson and huge savings at CRC. Well, since I am a beginner, I am getting a Manitou Metel R, and I really do not want to spend $34 on a Manitou Spring. So, I was wondering if a Progressive Suspension 5th Element Shock Spring would do the job. If you guys want to see what it is go onto Chain Reaction Cycles and look it up in the Rear Shocks section. I will be getting the 190mm eye to eye Manitou Metel R 2006 wih a 50mm stroke. Any help is aprreciated!
    Manitou springs have a larger ID than say a Fox spring. You can buy Manitou springs for $14 from outsideoutfitters.com

Dont buy bikes at RETAIL
    May 2011
    Well okay, but since I am getting a Manitou Metel R, would the 5th element spring work. the thing is I dont want to order from more than 2 sites.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Meek Meek Meek View Post
    Well okay, but since I am getting a Manitou Metel R, would the 5th element spring work. the thing is I dont want to order from more than 2 sites.
    Yes, they're the same.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....