Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
Results 2,351 to 2,362 of 2362

Thread: Manitou Mattoc

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Manitou oil heights are from the top of the crown.

Simple check for your correct oil height. Pull the lowers off and see if you can compress the shaft fully by hand. If you can't then it's wrong.
    When i opened it, after it had not long been back from the service centre, with a brand new damper isntalled, after i broke the last one, it was like 90mm from the crown, a clear oil.

hmmmm

In other news, a very very very wet and muddy weekend over, i got some decent but disgusting riding in. I achieved what i think was a full 160mm on one drop where the take off was soo muddy i was not in the right position and nearly went over the bars. so not too worried anymore about travel, more about having too little oil in!! wtf!!

I had to send my fork back under warranty to get anew damper after my rod snapped, CRC in northern ireland, who are a manitou service centre, installed a new one and did the oil heights etc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Gents, had a few questions for the group... What kind of tire clearance do you guys have with these forks? I'm looking to run maxxis minions 26x2.8 (so roughly 2.6 wide in the real world) and wondered if they will fit?

Second, is the only difference between the pro and the pro 2 the iva? I couldn't find anything else from reviews or their website...

mtbr member
    So I recently got a Mattoc Expert from CRC for my sons new Rune.
    Its only got 4 clicks on the rebound so I've contacted Manitou for the update on that and they have promised to send it out to me.
    BUT
    It seems to have come with the IVA which I thought I was going to have to purchase separately- Bonus
    Anyone else seen this?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I can't say for certain, however 26x2.8 should fit quite easily. Plenty of clearance for 27.5x2.6 (measuring a true 2.5") and the main concern is the tyre height, so 26" tyres should be fine. The only issue I can think of is whether the smaller diameter makes the tread line up poorly with the buldges in the lowers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by I Like Dirt View Post
    So I recently got a Mattoc Expert from CRC for my sons new Rune.
    Its only got 4 clicks on the rebound so I've contacted Manitou for the update on that and they have promised to send it out to me.
    I thought the Expert only had four clicks and the Pro nine?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Notched View Post
    I thought the Expert only had four clicks and the Pro nine?
    They updated the expert rebound for more clicks at some point.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by phreeky View Post
    I can't say for certain, however 26x2.8 should fit quite easily. Plenty of clearance for 27.5x2.6 (measuring a true 2.5") and the main concern is the tyre height, so 26" tyres should be fine. The only issue I can think of is whether the smaller diameter makes the tread line up poorly with the buldges in the lowers.
    Cool, thanks! I'll have to pick one up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just a quick one. 7ml or 15ml of fox gold semi-bath in each leg of the lowers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrizzle View Post
    Just a quick one. 7ml or 15ml of fox gold semi-bath in each leg of the lowers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 10ml and have had no issues with oil getting sucked into the damper. Wouldn't go any higher th an that though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Manitou Mattoc

Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    I use 10ml and have had no issues with oil getting sucked into the damper. Wouldn't go any higher th an that though.
    Thanks mate, i chucked in 10ml.

So i pulled my new for apart to do the wheel size conversion, again( I bought a a mattoc about a month ago from bikewagon for a ht build and liked it so much i replaced the bike on my dually)

The high speed compression dial doesn't have the full range of clicks (only 4 it is supposed to have 5) and becomes quite hard to move at either end of it's limit. This is not an issue on my other mattoc.

I have checked the 13mm washer and also the screw in the hbo adjuster to make sure the weren't over tightened. They were all good, in fact without either done up it is still laboured movement.

This leads me to believe it might have too much oil in the damper. Am i right in thinking this? I was careful checking the height but the fork or syringe may have been on a slight angle.

The only thing i did differently when converting wheel sizes was not to ball up a rag and stuff it in the too of the staunchion for rebuilding. (It ended with oil everywhere last time...)

I just put the air spring in place then filled the damper, cycled the rebound and installed the damper then put semi bath in the lowers and snug it up.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should i re check the oil? Is it critical to complete the steps in the exact order shown on the manitou wheel conversion video?

Sorry about the essay

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Check where the tail of the coil is. If it's on the ledge it should stay. But if it's hanging off the side then it'll likely lead the whole coil to follow a bit at a time.
    Hi Dougal, you were absolutely right. The coil was a mess!
    I hope it will stay in place, Im afraid the ledge is pretty small
    Thanks a lot!
    Manitou Mattoc-p_20170320_215110.jpg
    Manitou Mattoc-p_20170320_215135.jpg
    Manitou Mattoc-p_20170320_215327.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hey guys,

Just received my Mattoc 2 Pro. Been running the original Mattoc for almost 2 years and the 2 went on sale on CRC so bought the bullet for the updates..and Colour change.
    Anyway, I'm rather used to servicing my old one, so decided to service the new one when it arrived to check lube levels/etc.
    Upon putting all back together i noticed the rebound know would not turn at all...
    Even if I use a 5mm socket to grip it...not luck.
    I cannot for the life of me remember whether it turned before the tear down and I am 99% certain it wasn't something I did as have done the same thing many times on the old one.
    So my questions...what may have cause it, anyone had anything similar and lastly...any ideas on how to fix it.

Shot for the help and looking forward to riding the new one

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748