mtbr member

Manitou - I have to ask...

I've been noticing Manitou disappearing from websites I shop at, Universal, etc. I then got an email Manitou was at PricePoint. Now I see on the Manitou website that it says "Manitou available online in the US exclusively at PricePoint". While I don't have any significant challenges with PricePoint, it scares me that I can only buy Manitou there. IMHO, PricePoint was not know to stock dampers, springs, etc. Anyone else feel the same?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here's a couple places :

Suspension Forks

manitou suspension | Buy Now at ChainReactionCycles.com

From personal experience Manitou parts are not readily available online. If you need Manitou parts you need to visit your LBS.

mtbr member
    Keen,
    I think you may be missing my point, Jenson also has some 2012 models and CR is outside the US. On Manitou's website it says PP is the "Exclusive supplier" in the US. Just like Sette, only available at PP. To me, that does not demonstrate expansion of the brand. I am a fan of Manitou, I have several Nixon, R7 and Minute models and this makes me sad to see a limitation.

What?
    I think it is only temporary to help promote the brand. Pricepoint is a huge online retailer with a lot of exposure, so it could be a great thing. As for finding dampers and parts, im not sure about that. I always look up the part number and order from a local shop anyway, so that doesnt concern me. They are currently offering a decent amount of parts(although still limited) and they are not currently offering the full product line. I would still hold out hope that the full line of products and parts will eventually be offered.

mtbr member
    That's not a good sign. I would hate to lose Manitou as an option; they make some quirky different stuff that is better that they get credit for. I haven't seen an OEM Manitou fork or shock on a new bike in years. I doubt the aftermarket can keep them going.

Big Paws on a Puppy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrebyter View Post
    That's not a good sign. I would hate to lose Manitou as an option; they make some quirky different stuff that is better that they get credit for. I haven't seen an OEM Manitou fork or shock on a new bike in years. I doubt the aftermarket can keep them going.
    If they drop that 650B model that was rumored and showed up in several spy shots around the web, Manitou can count on my business for sure. I've ridden some crappy low end forks and I've ridden some higher end stuff as well. The Manitou Minute Pro is the only fork I've ever owned that seemed like ALL of the adjustment knobs/features actually made a solid difference in the performance of the fork. I guess I need to give honorable mention to the RockShox Revelation 426 Dual Air. Still have sellers remorse for getting rid of both of those forks.
    ‎"My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb." - Tom Nuttall

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    I haven't seen an OEM Manitou fork or shock on a new bike in years. I doubt the aftermarket can keep them going.
    Here's some links to some nice looking bikes with Manitou forks on them, all of them except one are current models.

Minute Expert
    Bergamont Contrail 5.2
    Bergamont Contrail 5.2 FMN
    Bergamont Tattoo LTD
    Merida Ninety-Nine 900
    Merida Juliet 900
    Merida One-Twenty 900
    Merida Juliet-Lite 1200-D
    4EVER Virus Sam 2

Minute TS
    Univega Ram AM-1 30-G X.9

Minute Pro
    Bergamont Kiez Team
    Corratec Opiate FZ (150mm) * Corratec made a mistake, it's actually a 140mm fork.

Match Comp
    Merida One-Twenty 500

R7 Pro
    4EVER Zetta

R7 MRD
    HEAD Pro Ace

Circus Expert
    Bergamont Kiez Pro

Circus Comp
    Bergamont Kiez Dirt
    Bergamont Kiez Tyro
    Commencal VTT Absolut AL
    Norco One25

Marvel Comp
    Corratec Air Tech Glacier
    Corratec X-Vert Carbon 0.2
    Corratec Revolution
    Corratec X-Vert S 0.3
    Fuji Addy Race 1.3
    Fuji Belle 1.3

Marvel TS
    Cube LTD Pro 26
    Fuji Outland 1.5

Marvel Expert
    Corratec X-Vert Carbon 0.1
    Corratec X-Vert S 0.1

Marvel LTD
    Cube AMS 130 Pro
    Carver Swing Lady 2
    Carver Swing Lady 1

Marvel 29er
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29
    Cube LTD Pro 20
    Cube Access WLS GTC 29

Tower Comp
    Corratec Superbow Race 29
    Univega SL-29.5 30-G XT
    Univega HT-C29.6 30-G XT
    Norco Team 9.3
    Fuji Outland 29 1.5
    Fuji Tahoe 29 1.7

Tower Expert
    Carver Pure 910
    Salsa Spearfish 3
    Salsa El Mariachi 3

Tower Pro

Corratec Superbow Team 29
    Carver Pure 920
    Jamis Dragon 29 Race (2012 model)

Tower LTD
    Merida Big.Nine TFS 900
    Merida Big.Nine Carbon 900

Dorado
    Norco Aurum 1 Dorado
    Last edited by cobba; 03-01-2013 at 12:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Manitou has great customer service, as well. I wouldn't worry about availability of parts. You can always contact them directly.

eff
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24 View Post
    Manitou has great customer service, as well. I wouldn't worry about availability of parts. You can always contact them directly.
    I agree. I contacted them to ask a few questions. They were very helpful and a pleasure to work with.

mtbr member
    just for the simple fact of how user friendly the forks are for service and tunability is enough for me to stick with them.

plus the have a 140mm fork with a 20mm axle. i hate 15mm!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    When I ordered my new Radium RL, and new bushings for my Manalanche swinger, I went to Tree Fort bikes (who happen to be my local shop, a few miles away) and they were able to get all of the above in the store within a couple days. I believe they went thru BTI.

A cursory search of BTI-USA shows that, yup, they've got a BUNCH of manitou in stock

So, order away. I'm still super pumped on my radium

What?
    Random side note: I heard from a few sources that Manitou is in the process of building the prototype 160mm fork. Sounds like it will be announced in the fall and available late this year. Also sounds like it will have ABS+ and not TPC+ and come with adjustable travel.

mtbr member
    Same rumor surfaces periodically... probably started by Manitou. Problem is getting an OEM to spec it for a production bike. Not all that difficult to build, especially since they used to build one. Without an OEM deal, it would be risky to stuff a warehouse full of them and hope the aftermarket buys them. I'd buy one, you'd buy one, but that's just not enough. 2000 units on a Kona,Jamis,Norco Whatever and then it would be worth having the Chinese cast some magnesium.

What?
    I think its for real this time. They seem to have everything sorted out and details are coming out. Before, it was "Manitou said they are working on something"

There are bikes with Manitou forks speced on them as well. More then posted earlier. Banshee uses them on there bikes. Im sure if a 150-160mm fork was available, you would see it as on option on a Banshee Rune, as well as a few other bikes.

The only thing that worries me, is that every time I hear something about it lately, Travel adjust is always mentioned. I hope they have more the just a travel adjust spring system available. I want a full coil version or at the minimum, ACT spring system.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    Im sure if a 150-160mm fork was available
    It looks as if they do make a 150mm fork, the Corratec Opiate FZ I linked above is listed as having a 150mm Minute Pro on it.

What?
    Thats interesting. If it was available aftermarket, I would have bought one instead of a revalation.

MattSavage
    I've been trying to get on their website all morning... It appears all Hayes group websites are down. Anyone else having a problem?

nevermind, they're back up...
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

What?
    Still not working for me

mtbr member
    Working now.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I would hate to lose Manitou as an option; They make some really cool stuff that goes unnoticed. I also haven't seen an OEM Manitou fork or shock on a new bike in years.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by etetro View Post
    I would hate to lose Manitou as an option; They make some really cool stuff that goes unnoticed. I also haven't seen an OEM Manitou fork or shock on a new bike in years.
    Which is sort of a good thing... Their oversaturation of the OEM market with low end stuff was a majority of the cause of their near demise.

I'm sure they'll start showing up on some higher end bikes in the States in the future, the Tower will at least...
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    I think that Jamis has a Manitou fork on the Dragon 29.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Im sure if a 150-160mm fork was available,
    Quote Originally Posted by cobba View Post
    It looks as if they do make a 150mm fork, the Corratec Opiate FZ I linked above is listed as having a 150mm Minute Pro on it.
    Thats interesting. If it was available aftermarket, I would have bought one instead of a revalation.
    Looks like they don't make a 150mm fork after all.
    I sent a email to Manitou with a link to that bike and asked them for info, they replied the following day saying that it was a mistake on the Corratec website and the fork on that bike only had 140mm of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    I think that Jamis has a Manitou fork on the Dragon 29.
    That would be the 2012 model, there's a link to it in post #7 on this thread as well as links to other bikes that have Manitou forks as OEM.