mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Magura Odur...anyone know anything about this??

Saw it on Ebay for cheap, is this a POS or is it OK to get to replace my SR Suntour fork??

The description is as follows:
    2007 MAGURA ODUR fork with remote. Black. Super deal on this brand new, still in the box fork with uncut steerer tube. Full Magura warranty. 85mm travel. Accepts I.S. mount disc brakes only, or Magura HS33 FIRMTECH mount rim brakes(SAME AS PICTURED EXCEPT THIS VERSION WILL NOT ACCEPT V-BRAKES). This is a brand new fork in factory packaging including manual. Simple, lightweight and strong! Features unique double-arch design, external rebound adjuster, lock-out(PLUS the optional remote control for the lock-out), 1 1/8" steerer and 32mm stanchions. With the optional remote these list for nearly $400 are brand new, still in the box!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    From what I've read, Magura doesn't make a bad fork. IIRC this is the coil-sprung version of their XC-oriented line of forks. I'm actually looking at buying the Menja, which is basically the same fork, but air sprung, and is a hundred or so bucks more.

All the reviews I've read on the Magura forks have been quite positive for the new '07 and '08 forks, so of the Odur fits your bill, then I'd say go for it.

Good luck mate!

Tim

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have three Menja's, all of which are about the best thing I have ever ridden, and at about half the price of Rock Shox and Fox.

I think the Odur is the spring version of the Menja. Very simple, very solid, very stiff, very German. If you want a new one you can get them online at Bikeman.com. They have the 2008 line already and give you the option of black or white (previously only available in Europe). These German forks are pretty nice.
    ... And I Am You,
    And What I See Is Me!

mtbr member
    I have the odur 85mm. I liked it so much I picked up another one. They are very well built. It looks more like a work of art. It is pretty heavy. If that is not an issue, you should love that fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeegeek2112
    I have the odur 85mm. I liked it so much I picked up another one. They are very well built. It looks more like a work of art. It is pretty heavy. If that is not an issue, you should love that fork.
    I just looked up the weight of the 85mm, and found 4.6 pounds. That doesn't seem too bad, gotta be better than the SR Suntour XC-60 that I have now Speaking of that, anyone know the weight of the suntour xc-60??

Thanks for the info guys!
    Bryan

Riding or Fishing
    I'm currently pondering grabbing one of these as well.
    Everything I have read has been totally positive, and it will be a huge step up from my current Dart 1 LOL

Surfing trails
    I have sold several of the new Magura forks. Every customer raves about them and is glad they got them. I haven't handled any Odur's (coil) in about a year but the Laurin's, Menja's and Wotan's have been big hits here. So far no technical issues and no warranty problems, just smooth air forks. Don't get me wrong, I love Fox forks and have for years but these new Magura forks bring a lot to the table. I run a Wotan on my Chumba EVO and couldn't be happier.