mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Magura Menja Service?

I've never even seen a Menja, but they sound promising. Who has any experience working on them? Are they easy for the end user to keep up?
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

Code Burr
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    I've never even seen a Menja, but they sound promising. Who has any experience working on them? Are they easy for the end user to keep up?
    If by working on, you mean changing the oil they are really easy to work on. I changed the oil on my laurin with one socket wrench.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sure, that's what I meant. But even further, what about the damper or the spring assembly?

For instance, the compression damper in the fork I use now requires partial disassembly and regreasing from time to time. The coil negative spring must also be dug out and regreased. From the exploded view of the fork in the manual it appears that the innards of the Menja are cartridge style and that there would be little for me to do to them even if I wanted. Is that true?

PS--I dig the old Roskopp graphic.
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

Code Burr
    The menja is an air fork, there isnt anything in the spring side to work on other than making sure theres a little oil ontop the piston and long term changing the semi bath.

The damper(R) side is where most of the work would be done. One socket wrench will loosen the top piston assembly and then you just dump the oil out, replace, and reassemble. I've never worked on an easier fork. There isnt much to work on, you can play with the oil weight and height I guess but its not like a fox or zoke where you have to cycle the damper to purge the old oil out. Its a trouble free fork and extremely easy to work on.

The SC graphics live on, I always loved Jim Phillips art work. It reminded me of the old EC comic books.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the help. That fork certainly looks pretty sweet from a performance vs. maintenance standpoint.

Back to skateboards....I really dug the graphics/attitude of Neil Blender back then.