mtbr member
    May 2012

Lyrik RLR is Sticky

So the RLR moniker basically means that the Lyrik was tweaked to meet SCOTTs needs to have a 7" adjustible travel fork with lockout and it appears as though SCOTT is keeping the servicing a secret (that fork is not listed on the RockShox website and the fork is used on the SCOTT Genius LT30 and LT40).

I have been scouring the web trying to figure out how to tear it apart and service it without having to pony up and take it to a SCOTT dealer. Anyone have any ideas or serviced one? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Youtube has many instructional videos by SRAMtech who seems to be an employee. If your bike is under warranty take it back to the dealer for sure. I had DH comp and rebound upgrade done to my lyrik R and a bolt stripped or broke off. It was warranteed by sram and i got a brand new rc2l with dual position air and another 2 years of warranty on the replacement fork. If I installed.myself to save $30 I might have to spend hundreds to get back on the trail. But I have a trustworthy mechanic and honest dealer at Bingham Cyclery.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    i have looked through most of the videos by the SRAM tech and none of them are for the 180mm RLR. Also, i dont think i can warranty it since i am the second owner and most bike companies dont warranty the product for the second owner (learned that the hard way with SCOTT on a carbon ransom).

thanks for the idea though, maybe i will look into going through SRAM to see if i can warranty it.