mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Lyrik R Solo Air 160mm >>> MiCo DH... 170mm?

I tried to sum up my question as succinctly as possible above, and I couldn't find anything about this with search here, but I have the stock fork on the enduro comp and have ordered some cartridges (mico dh & rebound) for it - my question is will this bump the travel up to 170mm?

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Nick

Big Gulps, Alright!
    No. The travel is controlled by the air/coil spring, not the dampers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Right on, thanks for the quick reply!

Nick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by enicma View Post
    I tried to sum up my question as succinctly as possible above, and I couldn't find anything about this with search here, but I have the stock fork on the enduro comp and have ordered some cartridges (mico dh & rebound) for it - my question is will this bump the travel up to 170mm?

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Nick
    You just need to change the base plate. My LBS/Specialized dealer charged $50 for the new base plate, and $50 to swap it out. Btw, I had the same setup as you on my 2012 Enduro, and added MiCo DH and converted the travel to 170. The part # number for the 170mm base plate is: 11.4018.005.001

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I actually was able to remove a spacer to bump it to 170mm at the same time I dropped in the mico dh cart. Works a charm
    9 out of 10 doctors surveyed said, "Who is this, and why are you calling so late!?"

mtbr member
    I actually was able to remove a spacer to bump it to 170mm at the same time I dropped in the mico dh cart. Works a charm
    Yeah, I learned that the model years prior 2012 just needed the spacer removed. My 2012 didn't have the spacer, and I think it's because it is modified for Specialized.

Can you share any settings for tuning your fork, for the high-speed & low-speed compression? What works for you?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I weight 170 w/o gear and run 37 psi. HSC two clicks from open and LSC wide open. rebound three clicks from fast. this works great for me on fast rocky descents. if I am going somewhere smoother or with more big hits I will slow the rebound a bit more to help stick landings. hope that helps.
    9 out of 10 doctors surveyed said, "Who is this, and why are you calling so late!?"

mtbr member

Lyrik R Solo Air 170mm HSC, LSC, Rebound settings

I weight 170 w/o gear and run 37 psi. HSC two clicks from open and LSC wide open. rebound three clicks from fast. this works great for me on fast rocky descents. if I am going somewhere smoother or with more big hits I will slow the rebound a bit more to help stick landings. hope that helps.
    Enicma, thanks for responding. How much sag do you have with only 37 psi? I'm 169 dry weight, but run 60-70 psi. This past weekend I experimented with with different settings, doing some fast rock gardens and then hucking from 5-6 feet. I was looking at how much travel I used and I'm finding that I had about 1-2 inches left of travel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I haven't measured the sag really since I started dialling in the fork, to be honest. I do know the pressure is on the low side for big mountain stuff, I had it up towards 50 at whistler last summer and found that I needed that much pressure to keep from bottoming. I basically just let out 1-2psi before a ride until I was using most/all of the travel and settled there in the high 30s. I definitely am more of a smooth rider though than a plower, fyi, and my local trails don't have any big jumps or drops bigger than maybe 3ft, so that explains why I can run such a low pressure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gosser66 View Post
    Enicma, thanks for responding. How much sag do you have with only 37 psi? I'm 169 dry weight, but run 60-70 psi. This past weekend I experimented with with different settings, doing some fast rock gardens and then hucking from 5-6 feet. I was looking at how much travel I used and I'm finding that I had about 1-2 inches left of travel.
    I'm about your same weight and did a ton of trial and error. Found that 55 psi was the sweet spot for getting a real plush ride for trail use. For drops you'll bottom out tho unless you're up around 70 psi and then the ride gets real harsh. Went to a firm coil spring and never looked back - best of both worlds with no mid-travel blow thru!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 09-18-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!