mtbr member

Lyrik MiCo-DH (NR) damper in '07 Lyrik Coil U-turn?

Can I install the Lyrik MiCo-DH (NR) damper in my 2007 Lyrik U-turn? Is there anything else I need to do other than the usual crush washer/wiper seal replacement type stuff when I do it (provided I can)?

Am I correct in assuming that this is what will transform my fork into the closest thing I can manage to the RC2DH? The Flood gate has never been a feature that I use so I would happily sacrifice this feature on the alter of superior performance (particularly in the downhills)

Thank you for your help.

What?
    You have to get a 2010+ rebound damper as well. The 2010+ versions displace more oil through the compression damper.

This also changes oil volume, so you will need to change damper oil(should probably do it anyway if its apart)

mtbr member

2010 Rebound Damper

Thanks for the reply. I had to have the rebound damper replaced a year or two ago. Is it possible they put an updated damper in at the time? Is there a way to know if the damper I have is the updated version?

Thanks again

What?
    It shouldn't be the new one. The newer version is not compatible with old style damper.

If you want to check, the older style rebound damper is in a sleeve to make up for the smaller piston/shaft. The new style just uses the stanchion.

mtbr member

That explains it

That explains why there is a translucent..."wrap" inside the stanchion. Thank you very much.