mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Which Lyrik to get?

I have the option of buying either 2010 Lyrik coil w/mission control or the 2011 Lyrik RC2L (2 step air) w/mission control

Both forks weigh close to the same. Both have the newer dual flow rebound and mission control.

I'm not going to use the 2-step option that often. Is the coil version going to be much smoother all around?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Well, apparently you want adjustable travel...the U-Turn is infinitely more adaptable than the large disparity between settings on the 2 step air, fwiw.
    The coils are great forks. 2 Steps seem to have a history (pre-2011) of problems.

aka dan51
    I have a 2010 Revelation 150 (I know, not a Lyrik) but am very impressed with how smooth it is for an air fork. I'd be surprised if the Lyrik wasn't as smooth. That said, my coil Lyrik is still smoother than the air Rev.
    The fork is convertible between air and coil (I believe), so getting the better damper might be the best option, and you can swap spring technology later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for the advice

I'm don't think there was any upgrade in dampers from 2010 to 2011. It looks like they just added DH, and Motion IS options?

I'm leaning towards the coil version since the weight is the same as 2-step air. I guess I can just upgrade to a U-turn system later on if I want to add it in.