mtbr member
    May 2011

Lowering of an Marzocchi 4X World Cup 2007

Hello!

as the topic-title says im on my way to lower my Marzocchi 4X World Cup 2007 (110mm) fork to 75-85mm (20-35mm shorter).

This will be my first time breaking a fork into pieces and since i intend to hopefully continue biking, owning other forks/bikes in the future. I want to make sure that i get it all right the first time

I stayed up all night yesterday trying to get my hands around it but i couldn't find any decent posts that really helped me out. Found some people saying that it's impossible and so on. but then again i found a few pictures on Pinkbike with people who had lowered Marzocchis four-cross forks.

Im creating this thread in hope of that someone with knowledge comes forward to give me a small how to guide, any comment would be helpful!
    If you got any experience with lowering a four-cross 07 fork from Marzocchi don't be affraid of puting a comment down below. im pretty sure that any reply would be helpful!

Would appreciate if you keep the English on a non-complicated level since mine isn't that great, pictures would be a big plus.

Thank!
    /Simon

mtbr member
    May 2011
    BUMP!

any tips? thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    call marzocchi and get them to email you the exploded diagram of it. Then you should be able to locate where you add the spacer, which can be a peice of pvc pipe or a handlebar cutoff (what I used). That is what I had to do since you cant find the exploded diagrams online.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Hey

Lowering (and diassambling) your marzocchi is pretty simple - its internals are not complicated at all. You just have to unsrew upper bolts, get rid of the oil inside (take a spring out too), unsrcrew the bottom nuts (you'll need a 12mm socket wrench with very thin sides) and hit the protruding bolts with a hammer (so that they become loose). Now you should be able to remove lower legs from the upper ones.

Next - I don't remember well, but I guess that you have to unscrew a kind of nut that is screwed on the shaft protruding from the upper legs. Than you'll be able to pull this shaft out (is it a cartridge?), underneath you'll find the negative spring. Now you just have to put a spacer/bush under or over these little springs (decide where it fits better, I don't remember) and reassamble the fork You decide how much you want to reduce travel by the lenght of the bush (2cm = 2cm shorter travel = 90mm).

Hopefully I helped you a bit

call marzocchi and get them to email you the exploded diagram of it
    If you obtain one, please post it here - I'll be glad to see one. I couldn't find any in the web before...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the tips everyone, ill see if i can take ur advice Brooce to someone more experienced than me to show how it's done.
    I'll call marzocchi within the next few days to try getting my hands on a diagram of the fork. ill post it here if i get any lucky with finding a diagram.
    If i find myself starting to picking the fork to pieces and lowering it myself ill make sure to take a few pictures with details of how to do it if it comes out successful!

Thanks!
    PS: if anyone reads this and they got experience or maby a few pictures or an exploded diagram of the marzocchi x4 world cup 2007 fork please post it here!