2010 RockHopper Comp Disc
    Aug 2009

Looking for replacement for Dart 3

I have a Specialized Rockhopper comp disc 2010. It came with the following

RockShox Dart 3 SL, 80/100mm, 1 piece magnesium lower, alloy steerer, adj. reb. damping w/ LO and preload adj., size-specific spring rates, disc only
    I'm a Clyde at around 350Lbs. This for has been OK for the most part. It's not firm eneogh and a bit bouncy but overall it's decent. Just so long as I keep it as tight as possible. I do get worried sometimes that I will go over the bars but it hasn't happened yet but I have held back due to it.

Right now at rest the metal part is 4.5" long or 114mm. Not sure how much travel.

I don't really have a budget. The cheaper the better though but I want something good. Something I may be able to bring to future bikes.
    Trouble getting your BB5/BB7's set up, try this method

mtbr member
    manitou match or minute for ~$250-350 @ pricepoint or a rockshox xc32/recon
    For a clyde (which I am) you want at least 30mm diameter stanchions & it's nice to have a real damping system, which the dart does not have much of one. Manitou's got the best damping circuit going, especially bang for the buck.
    Looks like the 2012 XC32 is under $200 at a couple of online sources, but for a bit more I'd go for the match. Looks like the rockshox XC is the current dart level of fork.
    I'd check on the clyde board to see what the current wisdom is, I'm way behind the times & just keep an eye on potential clyde forks for when mine kick the bucket (a couple of old marzocchi forks & a 'cheapo' RST m29 fork).
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Huckin' trails

Looking for replacement for Dart 3

Good suggestions. Also you can get some used Marzocchi Bomber forks on EBay, like a Drop-Off or Z1/Z2/Z3, etc. They are solid forks, though a bit heavy, but budget friendly too. Stanchion diameter also plays a lot, the bigger the better, as well as your axle type and wheel build quality.

If you can save up the money over a few weeks or months, I'd look for a nice RS or X-Fusion on sale or close-out. Forks have got very expensives, so its better to do some research to find what best suit you and then wait for a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    If you can swing it financially, go with a Reba and you will not be disappointed. It's a seriously nice fork, and like you said, you'll be using it on future bike builds for sure. The air spring is great for adjusting to your weight and to various trail conditions.

Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Reba RL Solo Air Fork 2013
    Use coupon code "VIP15" for 15% off and a total cost of $433 shipped.
    "Got everything you need?"