mtbr member

Looking to buy a Roco RC for my AM rig. what say you?

Looking to upgrade my S/C butcher's rear shock as the stock float is just not cutting it. I considered sending it to PUSH, but feel like it would just be a waste to spend any money on that shock. I found a really good price on a Marzocchi Roco RC World Cup that would fit my frame but not sure how it would work with the APP suspension curve.

I use this bike for your typical southwestern trails with drops, high speed chatter and some tech. Weight isn't a huge concern as the bike is a little chubby and rolls slow uphill anyway.

Any feedback or thoughts on this bike/shock combo is appreciated.

TIA,
    Marcus

SHOCK:
    Marzocchi Roco Air RC World Cup Rear Shock Reviews

Bike:
    SC:12' Butcher (sold)
    SC:12' Superlight 29er (sold)
    SC:12' Juliana (wife's)
    SC:12' TBLT

Proudly: A Mexican Rider
    I am sure the new shock would not change the suspension curve. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) A shock is a shock. The damping might change though from shock to shock. If you are worried that the new shock would drastically change the way your suspension works then don't worry about it anymore.

I wouldn't be able to tell you if it is a good combo. Someone who has tried something similar might be able to do so. However, I say give it a try!!

This might help
    Rocco R on a Santa Cruz

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link. Ordered the shock and looking forward to trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Josue View Post
    I am sure the new shock would not change the suspension curve. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) A shock is a shock. The damping might change though from shock to shock. If you are worried that the new shock would drastically change the way your suspension works then don't worry about it anymore.

I wouldn't be able to tell you if it is a good combo. Someone who has tried something similar might be able to do so. However, I say give it a try!!

This might help
    Rocco R on a Santa Cruz

mtbr member
    Got the shock installed and it fits well enough without having to invert it. Unfortunately it's snowing so no testrides for a few days.