mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Looking for a 29er fork as plush as my Pushed Fox Vanilla

Just like the title says, I have a couple of 29ers with Reba forks which work well enough but when I feel the old Pushed Vanilla there is NO comparison. I checked out the Reba conversions but I don't want to go that route unless it's going to get me in the neighborhood of this fork. Suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Just like the title says, I have a couple of 29ers with Reba forks which work well enough but when I feel the old Pushed Vanilla there is NO comparison. I checked out the Reba conversions but I don't want to go that route unless it's going to get me in the neighborhood of this fork. Suggestions?
    I converted a Reba to a coil. Felt better supported than the Dual Air but lacked a progressive bottom out. I recently moved to a Manitou Tower Expert and am quite impressed w/ this fork. The Expert is a coil w/ air assist. I currently run 4 psi and filled the spring side w/ oil to give a progressive bottom out. The best feeling 29er fork I have ever ridden - beats out some older coil forks as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I found the 140mm Revelation RCT3 to be extremely plush. My experience with recent Rock Shox forks is that the RCT3 damper is miles plusher than RL or RLT.

mtbr member
    May just want to get a Vanilla if not poor like me!

I'm with stupid
    My zoke 44 micro ti is super plush, I love that fork. I need to send all my rock shox stuff ( lyrik, revelation, totem) off to push to get them to feel as nice. If I only had the cash.......