TiRider

Look VTT Fournales fork parts

I am a very happy owner of a Look VTT Fournales fork with a small problem.

I have been told by virtually everyone that there are no spare parts available for my fork and that has caused me to begin the search for seals, pivots and such for the fork.

If you have any leads or ideas please let me know.
    Cynicism is a perquisite to satire. Satire without cynicism is like a metaphor without...whatever.

Visit US Cycling Report

banned
    Did you try contacting Look?

TiRider
    I tried contacting Look USA and they just kind of said "what?"

They thought that there were not any of the forks in the US currently, so they were of little help. I have sent an email to Look FR hoping they can help.
    Cynicism is a perquisite to satire. Satire without cynicism is like a metaphor without...whatever.

Visit US Cycling Report

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hah, I'm in the same boat Mootsguy.
    A while ago I stripped the threads for the headset top cap. I've had a few dealers try to get parts, but I usually get the same response as you.

I've seen the forks on ebay periodically, usually out of England, and I've been thinking about picking one up to replace mine when the pivots wear out. They seem to go for 150-200 pounds, so figure $300-400.

In the manual it says to send the fork back to the factory for shock servicing, which I might try if I don't mind being without it for a few months.

TiRider
    Quote Originally Posted by grambo
    Hah, I'm in the same boat Mootsguy.
    A while ago I stripped the threads for the headset top cap. I've had a few dealers try to get parts, but I usually get the same response as you.

I've seen the forks on ebay periodically, usually out of England, and I've been thinking about picking one up to replace mine when the pivots wear out. They seem to go for 150-200 pounds, so figure $300-400.

In the manual it says to send the fork back to the factory for shock servicing, which I might try if I don't mind being without it for a few months.

If you are interested there is a guy in the Netherlands who has spare parts for the fork. I bought a second shock from the guy for 90 US.

Visit US Cycling Report

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Check with the canadian distributor, they had the forks and some parts for them.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the tips. I'll check with the Canadians, and if that fails, I'll get back to you about the guy in Holland.

mtbr member
    @Mootsguy;i would like the website/e-mail from the guy in Holland.

Thanks

TiRider
    Quote Originally Posted by cavani
    @Mootsguy;i would like the website/e-mail from the guy in Holland.

Thanks
    Here is the web site url http://stores.ebay.com/BIKERS-STORE

Ebay is the only way I know to contact them. Hope it helps.

Visit US Cycling Report

mtbr member
    Many thanks