mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Lock Out on Lyric Solo Air?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't but heard somewhere that there is. The line I got was it was a "hidden" feature. Yeah right?
    Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by hmto
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't but heard somewhere that there is. The line I got was it was a "hidden" feature. Yeah right?
    Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
    it's not really hidden, and it's not really a lockout. go to the www.sram.com site, poke around on the rock shox section for info.

it's the floodgate, and you're basically cranking up the compression damping, and setting a blowoff threshold for that damping.

in effect, it locks the fork out, with the blowoff threshold tuneable so that the fork will still activate if you hit a big/hard enough hit. it's got a very wide range of tuning available.

at least, that's the way i see it. in actual useage, i've yet to use the gate/lockout/whatever you want to call it on my coil lyrik. got the low/high speed damping set where i want it, and haven't messed with it since. you can use those to minimize bob while climbing/on flat/smooth/road stretches, but still have the fork be very active when needed. i'd actually be fine without the floodgate adjustment, but that isn't realy an option with these forks.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks Scrub. Found the feature.