Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Looks like a slick fork!

If they came out with a 20mm Velvet.. I'd probably be all over it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trojan08 View Post
    Heard the Slant is due in December. I'm curious too. Currently running a 2012 Velvet RL 140 on my 5.Spot and really like the feel, although I know the Spot would feel better with a 150 or 160 fork. The Slant RL2 is on my very short list. According to XF most of the 2012 Velvet RLs got the new RL2 damper with the secondary compression circuit (what XF has marketed for 2013 as "Mid Valve"). Pinkbike's February 2012 review talks about it. IMO while the RL2 is solid, effecient, and easy to set-up, the Slant RL2 might leave riders (of that caliber fork) looking for more "tunability". I could be wrong....but probably smart of XF to launch a new fork (new class) with a proven damper then upgrade the damper later with more adjustability if that's what the market wants...but I'm def stoked on X-Fusion.
    I just spoke to them a couple of days ago about this. The 2013 Slant and Vengeance won't be coming out until the beginning of 2013 with no specific dates. They wanted to get the Slant to market asap so it's just RL2. There may be another model later with HLR.

I also ask about the ac measurements, where fork owners said their own personal measurements are higher than what is on XF website. The rep said the new models have lower ac numbers.

This sucks for me because I was hoping to get either the 2013 Slant or Vengeance for my Heckler build. But now I either wait for probably at least 3 months or go with a Lyrik RC2DH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisaz82 View Post
    Looks like a slick fork!

If they came out with a 20mm Velvet.. I'd probably be all over it.
    20mm velvet?

moaaar shimz
    20mm axle

mtbr member
    Ah, seems a bit overkill for 32mm stanchions imo but it certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

mtbr member
    but why no 20mm for the Slant???

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    For anyone waiting for a Slant, I talked to John at the sales department about a week back. He said that he runs a custom Slant HLR, and it's about $1,000. I think that maybe the reason why they're just releasing it in RL2 and DLA.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyt View Post
    For anyone waiting for a Slant, I talked to John at the sales department about a week back. He said that he runs a custom Slant HLR, and it's about $1,000.
    Can one order a HLR Slant? I'll play!

20mm is not overkill on a 32mm fork (130mm and up, that is). It suddenly became "overkill" when some companies started pushing the 15mm axle.

My Pike, Revelation, Nixon. etc have been all nice and stiff with a 20mm axles.

It would have been nice to have the 20mm axle on the Slant, but not a deal breaker. My hubs can be converted to 15mm.

The HLR cartridge would be super-nice too. It would be a unique fork with a high-performance damper in the Trail-AM category.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Can one order a HLR Slant? I'll play!

20mm is not overkill on a 32mm fork (130mm and up, that is). It suddenly became "overkill" when some companies started pushing the 15mm axle.

My Pike, Revelation, Nixon. etc have been all nice and stiff with a 20mm axles.

It would have been nice to have the 20mm axle on the Slant, but not a deal breaker. My hubs can be converted to 15mm.

The HLR cartridge would be super-nice too. It would be a unique fork with a high-performance damper in the Trail-AM category.
    From the sound of it, I don't think they'll be releasing a Slant HLR anytime soon because of cost. But I agree with you that it would make for a great fork.

mtbr member
    You have got it exactly right. There is no separate 650b fork for the Vengeance. You simply shorten the travel with the 10mm spacer (for coil) or one step in the ladder (for air) to 160 for the 650b tires.

What extra adjustability are you referring to?

Inrideo est vita
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    You have got it exactly right. There is no separate 650b fork for the Vengeance. You simply shorten the travel with the 10mm spacer (for coil) or one step in the ladder (for air) to 160 for the 650b tires.

What extra adjustability are you referring to?
    Actually the Vengeance is completely 650B compatible, no spacer required. Just slap the wheel in and go!
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Ah, good call. The spacer is for the Velvet, Vengeance has no spacer.

Adjustability is good, but you need to know how to tune it. It is up to you whether you want to dive into high and low speed compression. You can get a Vengeance RC which only has low speed adjustment (though it has high speed compression, it is a fixed value). I got the HLR and am still tuning it after 3 months, but I am a relative newcomer to these kinds of adjustments. Don't let that scare you off though, once you get it set up correctly, it'll surely ride better than one without the adjustments.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I've been thinking of getting a vengance hlr dal, a lot of fork for the price.
    The thing that's putting me of is reports of creaking from the crown
    Is there a fix or has it been sorted ?
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    What is the performance difference between the Vengeance HLR DLA and the Vengeance HLR? Is there just a half pound weight penalty or are there actual performance differences?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    HLR DLA has a travel adjuster.

The normal HLR is fixed, if you want to make it longer/shorter you have to take the fork to pieces.

The damper in both forks is the same, the DLA bit is the spring.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Anything is better than a ****ing fox. You won't be disappointed with an Xfusion, even with the stock cart.

mtbr member
    I have Vengeance 2011 OEM which is basically Vengeance R.

As this is a X-fusion damper thread, if anyone is curious how their damper looks like from the inside, here it is:

Vengeance R damper - very simple design - 2 static seals and 1 dynamic seal

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
    If you're in control, you aren't going fast enough.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

what do you think about him ?for AM+ clime..

Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    HLR is a superior damper plus the Vengeance has 20mm axle and 36mm stanchions.
    i will use only the 160 mm

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flayer View Post
    I have Vengeance 2011 OEM which is basically Vengeance R.

As this is a X-fusion damper thread, if anyone is curious how their damper looks like from the inside, here it is:

Vengeance R damper - very simple design - 2 static seals and 1 dynamic seal
    Nice, I see that cartridge is pressurized. Does it have an IFP or it works on emulsified oil?

Pretty good at any rate, much better than the orifice dampers on many forks. Moar shimz!!!!
    Check my Site

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Nice, I see that cartridge is pressurized. Does it have an IFP or it works on emulsified oil?

Pretty good at any rate, much better than the orifice dampers on many forks. Moar shimz!!!!
    Yup.

The R cartridge has an entirely different architecture than the HLR/RC cartridges. The HLR/RC is a closed-open bath high performance damper while the R is an inline rebound-only damper with an IFP.

mtbr member
    Thread resurrection. Got my X-F Slant RL2 DLA 160/130 (26) today. Well, I should say it is purchased and is in safe hands AND I've seen a picture of it. Now I just have to find time to go get it over in the next County. Test run on 5/25/13. This should be interesting!

mtbr member
    Nothing brilliant to add here, but here's my story. Early this spring I purchased a 2011 Veng HLR to go on my new 650b AM hardtail. It's very good but I think it needs a overhaul, it feels lacking compared to......

I also recently purchased a 2012 Veng DLA HLR to replace my 2011 Fox 36 RLC (new when I got it last spring). HOLY CHIT! Best fork I have ever had the pleasure of riding. Buyer stated the fork wasn't used much and had a fresh service from xfusion (looked brand new too). The front end just disappears. Small chatter, floats right through, big hits at the mtb park, pooof, high speed braking, controlled. I can't imagine a fork performing any better unless the electronics coming in the near future work like magic.
    I wish the folks at X-Fusion continued success and a HUGE thank you for making a stellar product.
    -Joe

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Good job!

nothing to see here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets talk X Fusion dampers...-p5170914.jpg  

Lets talk X Fusion dampers...-310195_10152824981135713_591271181_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by grnbkr View Post
    The compression circut on the slant (and velvet) fork can be adjusted internally by modifying the shim stack, not a very difficult just takes some time.
    Thread resurrection. Are you talking about the small shim stack behind the small secondary piston (the cup with a circle of small holes) Did you modify yours? what modification do you recommend? theres a thread in the suspension forum ( X-Fusion Slant Anyone? ) where someone recommnded removing the secondary piston and its shims entirely, but im wondering if it would be better to just remove one of the shims. Any info you could give me would really help.
    '14 rocky mountain altitude, rally edition
    '11 transition blindside

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast