mtbr member

Kronos Ti Springs now available direct!

You can order them here:
    Springtime

mtbr member
    Wow, they must be really nice springs

The price is double from the DSP-spring that they used to offer. Maybe they have better rust-free performance?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Wow, they must be really nice springs

The price is double from the DSP-spring that they used to offer. Maybe they have better rust-free performance?

LOL, they prob use same marketing bozos that came up with the 110% pedalling efficiency.....

mtbr member
    Actually a few differences from the old Diverse springs. The new springs are shot peened and clear coated with a UV protectant that wont rust or oxidize. The old springs had no coating at all. New sizes and diameters are in the works as well as fork springs. Compared to Renton Springs, the Kronos springs are for the most part, less expensive and the renton springs dont have any coating.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Actually a few differences from the old Diverse springs. The new springs are shot peened and clear coated with a UV protectant that wont rust or oxidize. The old springs had no coating at all. New sizes and diameters are in the works as well as fork springs. Compared to Renton Springs, the Kronos springs are for the most part, less expensive and the renton springs dont have any coating.
    titanium rusts now?

i've had three different ti springs and two different ti frames and none of them showed any rust or oxidization. my ti watch hasn't either

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    titanium rusts now?

i've had three different ti springs and two different ti frames and none of them showed any rust or oxidization. my ti watch hasn't either
    Same here, but I just picked up some UV protectant from Home Depot to coat my watch in - last thing I want is a rusty ti watch.

mtbr member
    All metals oxidize.

mtbr member
    yes, they do but it isn't an issue with titanium which is why no one coats their ti frames or springs with anything. aluminum oxidizes as well, but it's clear and when formed protects the aluminum form oxygen and further corrosion. ti is the same at room temperatures. my comment was facetious and poking fun at your reasoning that the kronos spring is somehow superior to diverse because it has a uv coating

Like aluminium and magnesium metal surfaces, titanium metal and alloy surfaces oxidize immediately when they are exposed to air. Titanium readily reacts with oxygen at 1,200 C (2,190 F) in air, and at 610 C (1,130 F) in pure oxygen, forming titanium dioxide.[7] However, it is slow to react with water and air, because it forms a passive and protective oxide coating that protects it from further reaction.[2] When it first forms, this protective layer is only 12 nm thick but continues to slowly grow; reaching a thickness of 25 nm in four years

so unless they coat it before the spring is exposed to oxygen, the uv coating is worthless on the spring. maybe it's a great marketing plug, but it does nothing for the spring itself.

Like stainless steels, it is dependent upon an oxide film for its corrosion resistance. Therefore, it performs best in oxidizing media such as hot nitric acid. The oxide film formed on titanium is more protective than that on stainless steel, and it often performs well in media that cause pitting and crevice corrosion in the latter (e.g., seawater, wet chlorine, organic chlorides).

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    And, as usual, the nuclear over-reactors fire up on the most irrelevant and inconsequential details, totally ignoring what's important:

THEY HAVE SPRINGS THAT WILL FIT IN THE SIZE/RATE I NEED.

The price is the same w/ shipping&tax as the perpetually out of stock Renton springs - the only others I could find. All the rest of the whining and ranting cannot trump this simple fact.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.